1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other what mouse do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamesn, 6 Mar 2013.

1. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

G700, wireless Cheesecake

2. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Trusty ol' Razer Deathadder

3. Revil0

Revil0 99% lurking

Another vote for the Performance MX

4. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Razer Imperator but more for the fact that I can move the thumb buttons back to where I can reach both of them than for any other reason. That and the fact that it's just a nice, lightweight mouse and I'm used to the general size and shape of Razer's less exotic offerings.

5. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

I use the Logitech performance mouse MX. Solid bit of kit. Battery life is excellent and it charges very quickly. You get an extension lead with the mouse, so if you find that plugging the wireless dongle into the back of the PC doesn't give you the range then you can use the extension to stick it on your desk.

I was worried about going to a wireless mouse after my MX518 gaming mouse packed in. So far there's been no downside. Apart from the price. Totally worth it though.

Side note: I use a Mac at work and the software support from logitech is another reason why I picked the MX. Gives me the same features I would have on windows.

6. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Razer Imperator 4G - Works well for general windows use, photoshop and gaming. Can't really fault it other then over the course of 3 years, my first Imperator (older revision) the underside of the button wore away where it clicks onto the microswitch inside so became a bit hit and miss. Otherwise a great mouse :)

7. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Logitech MX 1100 for me - discontinued but an awesome mouse, have had nothing but Logitech for years (MX 610, MX 620 and MX 1100).

Like a few others here I tend to do more work then gaming - I really like the scalloped sides of the MX 1100, I actually found my pinkie/thumb rubbing on the mouse mat with the MX610/620 when I was lazy. I've re-assigned the buttons to mute (thumb button), volume up/down (sensitivity +/-). Perfect!

8. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

I'm a fan of Logitech input devices. First mouse was a grey OEM Logitech ball mouse. Used for around five years then had a plain Logitech USB Optical mouse. My next mouse was a G9 mouse for 5-7 years. Recently moved onto a G9x and demoted my old G9 to travel with my laptop. I would have got a G700 because it fits so snugly but I'm too used to the G9 for gaming.

But for you I would recommend the G500. In my opinion it's the best all rounder and the price is good. Ultimately it depends on what fits in your hands. I would recommend a visit to PCWorld or Currys as they do have some of these gaming mice on display.

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Love Logitech but being enjoying coolermaster more lately. When I get home there should be a new corsair m65 waiting for me to try out

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Logitech G5 yo. Old school but way comfortable. Although i do have Postman Pat hands.

11. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Hmm, that might explain what's been happening with mine. Maybe it's time to strip it down and epoxy a piece of steel strip to the underside of the button.

12. jamesn

jamesn What's a Dremel?

hi all,

thanks for all the input. I didnt mention that i used an MX Revolution from pretty much the day it was released in the UK until it died when i dropped it a few months ago...

think i am going to try its new version out as per goodbytes and pablofunky

13. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

I want to use an MX518 for the rest of my life but they chanced it to a G400 and the texture of the mouse is different....its more slippy which i HATE. So get an MX518 if you can get one. :)

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I've used a generic Logitech USB mouse since about 2004. Too used to to it to shoot straight with anything else now!

I have a MX Performance for non-gaming use, but have never really liked it in game, without the cable the battery dies too fast, with the cable it's too heavy.

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Logitech marble mouse trackball.

Yeah, I'm weird.

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Logitech G500, nice feel and size to it.

17. narwen

narwen narwen

razer naga mmog

18. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

CM Storm Inferno fits like a glove. I also use a MS Explorer Mini Mouse which, despite my big hands, is really nice to use. Uncomplicated. And the battery lasts for an age.

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

G500

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Impeccable taste.