1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Question about (advanced) electronics

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Anti-Hero, 12 Mar 2013.

1. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero What's a Dremel?

Hello forum members

In my spare time I make lighting fixtures as a hobby and am currently working on a fixture that should incorporate both a halogen lighting bulb and some sort of small led lighting.

This is a picture of the fixture that I'm currently producing. This would act as a standard for a cap that I have not made yet, in this cap will be placed the halogen light bulb. There are holes in every piece of the standard big enough to fit a normal cable for household electronics through.

[​IMG]

I want to illuminate the third piece from the bottom (the blue flat ring) with a led as shown in the next picture. It is not certain that I will light it from above but I have already glued the bottom four pieces together so that's why I did it this way to show it to you. Lighting it from below should be a better option because then I can leave the bottom fourth piece see-through.

[​IMG]

In this case I used a torn apart module from a small ikea reading lamp.
    This module however is too big to use as it has the module itself, a small on/off button and a plug to put it in the power circuit.

Here is a photo of the led module used and a photo of the halogen bulb that will be used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The problem is that my knowledge of electronics is not very broad and so I'm only stuck with the idea for now and have no idea where to buy or how to put together small leds in a lighting fixture.

My question is if anyone knows of a sollution to use both the halogen and led or maybe knows of a way to buy a smaller led or multiple leds and maybe produce a module myself that I can incorporate in the fixture. There is space in the bottom piece of the standard to put in a transformator and maybe a small circuit for a couple of leds but I only want one cable coming out of the fixture to plug in the power circuit with an optional on/off switch for both the halogen and led(s) at the same time.

Thanks for the reading and all help is welcome!

2. Anti-Hero

I've already reposted this thread with the pics included, this can be removed.

Thanks

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

You know there is an edit button you can use instead of starting a new thread:

[​IMG]

4. Anti-Hero

Couldn't find a delete button so that's why I started a new one. Should've looked closer to know I could've edited it...
    Thanks atomic.