1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TrevDX, 14 Mar 2013.

1. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Firstly I'm on my phone and can't search easily so if this should be somewhere else then I'm sorry.

Really looking forward to this and wondered if anyone could suggest a good place to get it? I was going to go through GMG and get Spec Ops with it but is there any alternative (better?) deals around?

Cheers in advance.

2. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:O SOLD

I'm interested to see reviews first. It's been in development so long I worry it might have lost its way. But then again it is a Ken Levine game so I might give it the benefit of the doubt.

EDIT: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/tw/en/pc/games/shooter/bioshock-infinite-season-pass/

WTF is this?? Day 1 DLC?? So what, I'm paying 45 bucks for an EPISODE?

More Game, More Guns, More Power!

Extend the narrative and adventure with the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.

Receive three add-ons for the price of two

Get Day 1 bonuses with The Early Bird Special Pack, only available to Season Pass holders

New Stories

New Characters

New Weapons

Continue the journey in the sky-city of Columbia, with new locations, new characters, and new weapons. The instant bonus includes four pieces of exclusive gear, weapon upgrades and skins, and five Infusion bottles.

All Season Pass content will be available for individual purchase by March 2014. The instant bonus can only be obtained by purchasing a Season Pass. Please note: Add-On Content, BioShock® Infinite required to play.

Last edited by a moderator: 15 Mar 2013
  4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

ANOTHER game with day 1 DLC? what a load of crap. Really starting to get on my nerves.

Because I'm an idiot, I've still gone and bought it off Greenman - at least they off 20% off...

5. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I suppose at least with the 20% off then the base game with season pass is still less than the 360/PS3 version but I just seriously hope that its better than Bioshock 2.

The original Bioshock was for me one of those games where I lapped it all up with a great story, great gameplay & great graphics (as I played it first on 360). I've played through it 3 or 4 times and might even go through it again in the next 2 weeks for PC.

I just really hope Bioshock Infinite grabs me like the original, which as Bindi said is written by Ken Levine and is by the same studio as the first and not the studio that did the sequel.

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I have got it ordered for the Xbox so I can play it on my projector - I am thinking that it is going to be an epic type of game.

I am really, really hoping that they have not arsed this up...

Day 1 DLC is something we are all going to have to live with from mainstream publishers - it's just another guaranteed revenue stream for them now.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's 2/3rds the price for the rest of the story (the promotional stuff reads). I'll see what controversy that creates in reviews - whether it's just presented badly or if it's really a cheap trick by their publisher.

I still have Crysis 3 to play and now Anno 2070 in the sale so I'll just pick it up later on the cheap maybe.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

considering the offers going you'd swear this was going to suck.

my prediction is that the hype machine will work overtime, it will sell millions but be overall "meh" like dishonored.

9. musicrab

musicrab What's a Dremel?

Yer, sounds odd to me too. A different approach to Crysis3 which had a high release price ("The Hunter Edition" crap; it was a poor game but that's another story).

I thought the probem with Infinite would be short campaign (they're spent so much time getting Elizabeth's AI working for example) but it appears its so big...they've cut parts of it off as DLC...

I think it'll be classic Biosock - frantic fire-fights which you need to plan for. Makes a change from stealth tedium...

EDIT
    What you get on Day1 is some extra weapon ****; the main narrative content of the "Season Pass" is 3 new stories which were presumably chopped(**) from the massive game to leave us with a not-quite-so-massive game at release.

(**) I'm making this up; probably.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2013
  10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

beautiful art/design but rubbish game more like

11. musicrab

Ah, so not a fan then?

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you've never played a "shock" game have you?

13. musicrab

1 and 2 if that's what you mean. Why?

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I liked both 1 & 2, which is unusual as I don't normally like the corridor shooter type game. It was mainly the story and the setting that drew me in - as a Lovecraft and Cthulhu fan it struck a chord with me.

I actually played them both through twice, once on the Xbox and once on the PS3.

I am looking forward to Infinite, and I am hoping that this time the hype is worth it!

15. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I'll probably pick up the season pass, I'm getting bioshock for free with my GPU so £15 for all future DLC is good I think

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If you prefix that with 'System' we're gonna have a falling out my friend ;)