1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Tiny

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Floyd, 28 Feb 2013.

1. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Well considering I have NO money to put into new hardware it might take a few years to use this case. For now its just sitting on my bench in pieces. The mobo and gpu were tossed and I scavenged all the parts I could from them.
    I already have a main PC and a spare. This was just putting old hardware into a case as a backup backup haha. Id love to attend LANs again but since I moved down south I dont know of any local places.
    Closest "big" LAN would be QuakeCon in TX I think...

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Right, so as far as I can tell for this project to progress you will need:

Zotac G43-ITX Motherboard - maybe worth contacting Zotac themselves?
    A reference GTX260 - these get donated fairly regularly on Bit, usually for folding.
    A reasonable quality ATX sized PSU (140mm) - preferably modular? The Corsair CX500M has all-black cables and is reasonably priced.

I'm sure with the hive-mind that is Bit-rech on side we could source replacements for peanuts and get them sent to you, but this will involve at least one of you fellow countrymen feeling generous.

It'd be a damn shame if this never sees the light of day as a working system.

:)

3. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

I know!
    Really the motherboard is the kicker.
    I have a spare PSU that I can use and the CPU and RAM are fine.
    All I really need is the motherboard, GPU and HDD.

4. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Found a GTX275 in my stash of parts. So really all I need is a old 775/DDR2 ITX mobo and a 2.5" HDD!
    So close but yet so far.

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

160GB all right? I have one lying about. When we get paid on Friday I'll send it out since I'm just one state away. If you want it, that is.

6. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

That would be wonderful but without the motherboard it would be a waste im afraid.
    Its so hard to find outdated hardware sometimes. :wallbash: