1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Tech GeForceFX Watercooler

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 8 Apr 2003.

1. dima y

dima y What's a Dremel?

BUMP tell me?

2. triple7

triple7 What's a Dremel?

Yes, tell us?

3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Always Silent & Cool

All will be revelled when it can be, the fact is when you deal with any company making products there will be things they don't want out until the time is right, as such ndas are signed. I'm working on part of it atm but If I told you about it I'd have to kill you :naughty:

4. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

:D hey bladerunner can u give us any idea as to when it will come out because i dunno about every1 else but i want one NOW :D and can this jus link up to any watercooler kit or will it come as a stand alone kit with its own radiator and pump? and any ideas on price? And finally lol wat inspired u to start this project? and how did bit-tech and gainward get involved?

Peace out : mark: :rock:

5. Deth

Deth What's a Dremel?

Sweet!

Damn fine workmanship Bladerunner!

The big question is does anyone know if it will work on a reference 5900 (since that appears to be all that's out there now as evidenced by eVGA's board)?

6. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

7. MadS

MadS What's a Dremel?

Can we please get an update here? I'm sick and tired of being patient. :(

8. BladeRunner

When there is an update that I/We can give here we will. At the moment I'm not getting any feedback from my contact at Gainward UK and to be honest It's looking dead in the water too me now, (at least from bit-techs/my perspective). I'm not going into the politics of it here but both Wil & myself are less than happy with the way it's been handled so far. Read the posts in this topic by me as I've tried to keep it "real"

Basically as Mindstorm says they went round in a full circle announcing stuff to Toms (that wasn't even in a prototype stage as far as I was concerned), and we are back to about were I said it should have been to begin with. I have now made a demo cooler box that would be external, (like hydrocool), and capable of cooling VGA and CPU too.

At the end of the day We / I are just helping them try to make it something worthwhile, trying to point it all in the right direction, but like I've said previously I really wont have any final say in what they do don't make, and will be limited to what I would be told or could tell here under NDA anyway, (it's the standard politics of the way it works, not my choice but just how it is). I really wanted to help make it a worthy product for Gainward, and also protect my own and Bit-techs interests, needless to say we are having problems with at least one of those two points :eyebrow:

9. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Just to second that, it's now looking extremely unlikely that anything will come of this due to what I perceive as catastrophic mis-management at Gainward's end. However, that's not to say you won't be seeing bit-tech waterblocks at some point in the future ;)

10. MadS

MadS What's a Dremel?

How about some waterblocks for the Radeon 9800? hmmm ;)

11. jetsetjimbo

So was the idea / design stolen by the people who are making the blocks forsale on Komplett?

12. linear

linear Minimodder

The answer is in this thread, and it's no.

I've removed several posts that pointed this out to you much less politely. I expect the posters in those cases to exercise better judgement and review the rules.

13. BladeRunner

The product You link to is what I'm talking about when I say:-

It isn't a product and wasn't even a "to be reviewed prototype" as far as I was concerned, and this was one of the problems we have had with our dealings with Gainward. That actual cooler reviewed by Toms, (shown in those pics as if it were a product was a hand made one off made by me to a Gainward employees design, (against my wishes, and released for review without my /our knowledge). The fact Bit-tech and I were not mention was probably a good thing Because I didn't really want to be associated with that design.

There is no product you can buy at the moment, at least none that I know of, but Gainward are working with another water-cooling product maker towards a new design. More than that I cannot say / do not know, but any product that's been announced for sale is the marketing dept getting ahead of the product dept, (something else I wasn't happy about), dabs also have Gainward Cool Fx for sale but you can't actually buy it pre-order only atm. (of course if someone has bought one and got it then you know more than I do :lol: )

At the end of the day to get what most of you want, (quality stand alone full vga cooler kits), the only way is if I, or someone like me does it themselves in a low volume way with low overheads. I'm work towards that goal, but with little funds to throw at it it's not an easy thing to get off the ground. If Gainward make something it will be a card with water cooler, and Hydrocool style box unit type thing, (going by what I know at the moment), and as it will be a mass market thing with a predetermined cost level, its most likely going to be compromised in some ways, (at least as far as the more hard core water-coolers are concerned.)

to help clear up any confusion here are a few of my images of that ("toms review") cooler, when I was making it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(the images run from 001 to 011 & 020 to 024 if you want to see more)

Last edited: 6 Jul 2004
  14. jetsetjimbo

BladeRunner - Thanks for clearing that up for me :thumb:

I was starting to get a little tired of people slating me whenever I asked a question about this

15. BladeRunner

jetsetjimbo

Not completely cleared up......... as maybe you weren't entirely wrong. I'd not wish to accuse this one of "stolen design" as there are only so many ways to water-cool a VGA, however since the rev2 cooler was shown in Toms review this has appeared. It actually has a quite different retention method, even though it looks very similar............. here are some images so make your own minds up :baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I have no more info other than the images)

Last edited: 6 Jul 2004
  16. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I think this are the auqua-computer.de watercooling stuff,
    They also made a FX5800 and soon a FX5900 version because the rams of the FX5800 and the rams on the FX5900 have some pcb layout differences.

Below are the ram coolers

[​IMG]

Aquacomputer make very kewl looking stuff so check out their website for some nice cooling stuff..

Aqua-computer

17. Ttuser

Ttuser What's a Dremel?

Just seen this thread for the first time,

Regardless of what has since happend the original design was still incredible, just stating my opinion, im sure no-ones disputing that.

18. Leigon

Leigon What's a Dremel?

I would buy that only I can't speek german :(

19. Relin

Relin Old timer

Just to give you all an update, CoolFX should be launching in the UK in about 3 weeks. Komplett are indeed taking backorders for it already (even without any specs or pics currently around) we appreciate all of the time and effort that was put into this project by the bit-tech team and it's just a shame that we could not manufacturer (en-mass) any of bladerunners designs (i am still a massive fan of his work). I will post all info i can, including pics as soon as i get info,

Andy
    Gainward UK
    andy@gainward.net

20. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

Gainward GeForce FX 5900 ULTRA 256MB DDR
    AGP, "CoolFX, Ultra/1600XP GS"w\snd&1394
    This is from komplett.co.uk and its priced at £620 im wondering does this come with the watercooler also? its hard to know as komplett is giving virtually no information on it!

Tags: Add Tags