1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Cooler for ASUS GTX590

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keith_j_snyder2, 10 Apr 2013.

1. keith_j_snyder2

keith_j_snyder2 What's a Dremel?

One of m closest buddy has an ASUS GTX590 GPU & his temp. is running around 90degrees C which is quite hot. Please suggest a good after market cooler for his stock replacement.

P.S- He lives in Birmingham so anyone lives closeby can suggest him something good.

Thanks in advance.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

First thing you might want to try is taking the card apart, giving it a good clean and replacing the TIM and thermal pads. Here's a video with instructions on how to take it off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNNg3rbmiM0.

Also make sure there's good airflow through the case and possibly upgrade the case fans. If that doesn't fix it the only option is water cooling, as there's no aftermarket air coolers for the 590.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

As Crappy states above, other than a spring clean his only other choice is to get his hands/card wet.

siliconfanatic and The_Crapman like this.
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I have an almost new EK waterblock he can have for the price of shipping. The 590 I was gonna use it on broke :(

It just needs new thermal pads, which are dead cheap. Bung it on a 120mm radiator with a cheap pump/res and you're job done.

David likes this.
  5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

is a 120mm rad good enough for a 590 though? maybe a thick one.. i'm pretty clueless when it comes to WCing video cards, especially exotic ones like the 590

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You're not likely to get suuuuuuuper temps but it'll be better than any air-cooler. A bit of fun at cheap cost. I've run a GTX 480 + CPU on a thin 3x120mm before.

7. keith_j_snyder2

Thanks for the video. I believe a thorough cleaning will sort his heating problem out. The chassis he's using is CM 430 elite.

8. keith_j_snyder2

Thanks for the generous offer but i don't think he's geek enough like us to assemble all by himself. Someone has to do it for him. But i need to talk to him first.

Thank u all for your suggestions.
    :thumb:

9. Abraxas

Abraxas What's a Dremel?

Just to confirm, is TIM just another name for thermal paste?

10. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

yes, thermal interface material = TIM

11. keith_j_snyder2

Guys he cleaned up the Cooler & the temp. dropped to 73 C! Thanks u all for ur suggestions.