1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Shootmania Storm review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 16 Apr 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Nice to see someone pushing the boundaries. Can't wait to see how this pans out with regards to player numbers and community.

3. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I played this at I42, and it was very weird but when it had numbers in it, it did become quite good fun, and it should get better as more people add more content, like trackmania did.

I particularly liked the shooting system, which forces you to be a lot more careful with your shots, and how/where you move.

I played the Royal mode quite a bit with a group of 6 of us plus randoms joining in, this created quite an interesting game, with tactics ranging from "run and gun" and "hiding in a corner" being both effective and ineffective as we got used to the only beta map, and then the centre cap point changing this depending on when people captured it, one interesting dynamic to this was that if you entered the tunnels under the map you could be effectively killed because you couldn't get out, risk reward of the tunnels safety from being shot I guess.

Overall I think that if a few of my friends join me I would be interested in playing this, just as an occasional bit of fun rather than a constant play/complete type game, which I think everyone needs sometimes.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2013
  4. himaro101

himaro101 What's a Dremel?

played it at Gadget Show on the Alienware stand. baring in min i had not played anything like it since the 90's, old playstyles and habits instantly kicked in and i cleaned the floor once i worked out how to adjust the mouse sensitivity (lowest setting is not cool....)
    I've been trying to get my friends to buy it but they seem to not like it :(

Tags: Add Tags