1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

SO many good maps from BF2 I would love to see return. Hope DICE can avoid the COD style decline.

2. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Oh I like Assault and Engy as they are (and rezzing), but quick rezzing isn't as nearly as much of an issue as reloading is; in terms of self hazard. Here is a clip from the last time I spawned in M16A3 back in Sept' - wanting to see the new increased recoil.

The three factors to survivabilty there being; throwing the medkit; rezzing; reloading. You heal over time, and reloading takes the longest amount of time, and it's why I quite like extended mags on the L86 and M27. What I've always been curios of after reflection of this, is just what elements are skillful, there is a few things I do; including animation glitching (http://youtu.be/R0pEbWAjaHw coming out of rezzes - the second one happened a lot slower and so is much more visible). I believe in it, and can apply the thinking into other sports/games; motor-racing categories and card games for example. When something is relatable to another subject, I find it highly valid. I don't know how to finish what I want to say here without potentially upsetting people or pretending to have the validity to - (...)

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Lol Jes, must admit meatshields can come in handy :)

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Do you not have BF2? That's disgraceful! Go get it now!

Jalalabad is pretty infantry focused, even 64 player only spawned 1 tank per side and some jeeps. Within BF3's destruction it could be great, although in 2 it all hinged on rushing past the defenders and getting into the city, if you got bogged down outside US spawn it was just grenades, grenades, grenades.

Come to think of it, except for some of the SF maps, all of BF2's maps were great, I don't get why EA/DICE aren't releasing them all, I'd pay to get back FuShe pass or Kubra Dam (or Harvest, Road Rage, Tampa, Ghos Town, Midnight Sun, Songhua...).

In fact I think EA are missing a trick by not just updating BF3 continually and hang sequels.

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Jalalalalalabad is one of my fave maps. Infantry and tank focused in urban spaces. On large maps there are up to 4 tanks total I believe, based on an invasion style map similar to Strike at Karkand. Actually, it is really quite similar to Karkand. The MEC had a mosque style thing to fall back to, which the USMC could capture. Really great map that I thoroughly enjoyed.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

i think this is all we wanted all along actually!

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

That's the medium size version of the map...need to find the large version....

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

No, I started on BC2 and no real desire to go back and play it now, it looks pretty ropey compared to modern games - its 8 years old this year. I'm sure if I played it back in the day I'd have some nostalgia for it, but being entirely new to it, I'd probably end up hating it.

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Commander mode returns!

Linky

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Incoming Supply-car-tillery! Also, actual artillery... and a UAV! Bleep... bleep...

Hope that's true, I miss being able to call down death from the heavens (also the OH SHIII reaction when everything starts exploding around you).

I also miss going on sabotage raids with a squad and blowing up all the equipment in the base. Of course that making a comeback would mean enemy bases coming back within bounds, which could work, if done carefully.

11. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Still waiting for something that will sell this too me. So far it's still mostly BF3++, not a new game.

MrDomRocks likes this.
  12. Parge

For me thats enough. Would I buy new DLC with ten or so new maps? Yep. Would I be willing to pay a bit extra for a new graphics engine? Yep. Would I be willing to pay a bit extra for an extra faction and its new guns and vehicles? Yep.

Sold! To that man in the space suit.

13. October

October Mariachi Style

This ^

What difference does it make if it's 3+? If you're happy with the content in 3 now, don't buy it. If you want new stuff, buy 4.

14. Parge

To add to this, Frostbite is still streets ahead of every other game on the market, so its not as if they need a massive overhaul of the game engine itself.

Even Crysis 3? Sure thing. That game looks great in screenshots, but in game is so so static. I can shoot a rocket launcher at a wall, and it doesn't even make a dent.

BF3 looks absolutely gobsmacking AND has non-linear destructibility. Lets hope in BF4 they up the ante past BC2 levels - another thing I'd pay for!

15. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

We will never go down that road :)

16. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

As much as I love Crysis, this is VERY true.

17. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

54 notes for the Deluxe Edition.

Sigh.

18. Parge

Only if you buy through the Origin store, which I'm not sure why you would?

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

There are cheaper places, that are trusted to not con you.

I won't be buying via Origin thats for sure.

I am waiting at the moment. Sitting on the side lines. All depends on the beta.

Which has appeared in my BF3 Game details in Origin.

20. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Well not at that price, no. It's just the fact it's there for that much in the first place :eeek:.