1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

not bad for my first ever outing in the priest [imo]... administered last rites to 3 tanks :lol:... almost had 4... how that stug survived a direct hit up it's ass I do not know... it must've been down to single-digit hp...

[​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Apr 2013
  2. Risky

Risky Modder

Good work. I am am big fan of that arty. that battle is enough to get you the tracks and half way to the gun which makes a massive difference as you can hit most of the map with it.

Bear in mind you will see tier 8 tanks in this which you won't do a lot of damage to. Just keep firing and grind them down.

3. rici1241

rici1241 Minimodder

I really like the M4 with the 105mm gun a lot. It suits my play style perfectly. I'm somewhere between a very quick tank, and a very powerful gun. Any ideas which M4A3 i should get?

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I would say the E2 as you can get to the T29, but really the M6 allows you to unlock the 90mm which I think is needed at tier 7.

I say all this, but I've yet to build up the will to go back and play the M3, I keep wondering if I can free XP to skip the M3, but then I spank it all on another tank. Think I am going to head T1 heavy > M6 > T29, thought about the M4 but they didn't call them "Tommy cookers" for nothing and derping isn't my style.

Oh forgot to mention, change your password for 300 Gold!

rici1241 likes this.
  5. mike_dowler

mike_dowler What's a Dremel?

You want the E8. It's a lovely tank, and great for that "shoot n scoot" style of play. I had a win rate of 53% in mine. I've now swapped it for the Jumbo - the extra armour can be nice, but it changes the style of play, as it means you are not so nippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rici1241 likes this.
  6. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm running both the Jumbo and Easy 8. I seem to be doing better with the Jumbo, if does pick up a few steel walls, but it depends if you really want to use the 105 rather than the M1A2 gun.

y own funny issue at the moment is that having now got the 90mm on the M6, Hellcat and Jackson, I seem to enjoy playing them less, I miss the high RoF I've been used to in most of the US tanks so far.

rici1241 likes this.
  7. rici1241

rici1241 Minimodder

Thanks for the help. I'm leaning more towards the e8 for its speed. I had the T1 heavy for a while, and just couldn't get used to it. I think i'll be sticking with medium tanks, and tank destroyers.

8. Risky

Risky Modder

IF you've been up the US scout line, grab the M7, it's a great light-medium.

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I abandoned the american heavy line ages ago when I hit the turd of the M3 Lee, and at the time every match I was in I faced off against the KV-1, so in short I left the game for about 6 months. When I finally returned I sold virtually all my american tanks, keeping the T82 as it was the only one I enjoyed of the bunch and started the russian and german lines.

Loved my T-28, KV-1 and seriously loving the KV-1S. Most recently I've enjoyed the little alecto for screaming around the BF and causing serious damage, I fear the AT-2 will loose all that fun, only to enjoy serious frontal armour.:)

10. rici1241

rici1241 Minimodder

I think we are the exact opposite, Burnout, as I am hating the T-28, and not sure if i'll bother with the KV-1 line. The M3 lee was my favourite tank before i got the M4. I do also enjoy the US tank destroyers and SPGs, and am tempted to only use the US tanks, as they are the ones I consistently score well in.

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

the t-28 is a bit of a lumbering barge, but it does have it's upsides with the right gun... more of base defence or long range gunfight tank as you generally aren't going anywhere quickly... and it, like the lee is a rather large target... imo it's a heavy in all but name...

the m3 is a dog, mainly because of the fixed, inaccurate at distance, gun, but on certain maps [himmelsdorf and ensk come to mind] it can be pretty effective

Last edited: 20 Apr 2013
  12. Risky

Risky Modder

Time to call it a night as I've just got three tops guns in a row. This does not happen to me normally!

First a classicaly subtle" T18 effort at Himmelsdorf

[​IMG]

Then a big effort in a Tier 5 battle with the T82 where nearly everything went right

[​IMG]

And finally I took out the T1 and actually clubbed seals as opposed to tripping over them:

[​IMG]

I suspect it will be many months before I manager that triple again.

13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Ooo how your wrong, the T-28 is a very fun tank with the 57mm Zis-4 due to it's 0.34 accuracy feels totally refreshing when you switch to it.

It's a bit like the Lee, you need to play it too it's strengths, same goes for the KV-1, once you put that 85mm F-30 gun on it, it's like clubbing seals. The KV-1S with the big 122mm D-2-5T is a legend in the game, making the KV-1S most feared at it's tier, sure it takes a while to reload and aim, but god is it fun!

The M3 lee on the other hand has a gun suited to face to face brawling but the tank lacks the armour badly. I am trying to play it more and more like a TD, but it lacks the long range accuracy needed, so you end up trying to hold corners and end up getting flanked by rushing tanks.

14. rici1241

rici1241 Minimodder

I will get the 57mm for the T-28, but i'm not too optimistic about it.

Anyway, i'm going to have to save up quite a bit of silver, as I currently have the M4A3E8, M4A3E2 (I am going to buy both of them, but the E8 is first) StugIII and M7 Priest researched, but only 200,000 in silver.

15. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

@ Burnout21
    M3 lee is ok if you treat it like a TD, I skipped it completely this time after playing it quite a bit in the beta, Not bad once it's leeted.
    T-28 was lots of fun once it was leeted too, had some great games in it.
    Kitted with Suspension, remove governor, cyclone filter modules and lend lease oil gives it better speed and handling. Excellent in the light tank/recce role

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I found the T28 great once I got the 57mm on it, even more so with gold ammo (bought with silver, :D). Managed to get 3 out of 3 hits on an AT2 and nearly destroy it but someone else finished it off. Even the standard ammo was good for most tanks, don't think I ever managed to deal with a KV1 though, unless I was behind it.

And now I've got the KV1 it doesn't seem as good as it did when I was constantly getting killed by them, :D, probably because most of the time I end up in games with tier 7-8 tanks, whereas I always seemed to come up against them in tier 4 tanks, :D

AT-2 is hugely amusing to just sit in front of people and let their shots ping off you while you annihilate them. I only seem to have trouble if I'm against 4+ tanks or another AT2.

17. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Hehe, That's World of Tanks for you!

18. mike_dowler

mike_dowler What's a Dremel?

See: every tank in WoT.
    My favourite KV-1 memory was going nose-to-nose with a T1 heavy, and all his shots bouncing as mine penetrated and wore him down.

And the M3 lee is great - like all tanks, you just need to be aware of its weaknesses. Support, don't try to lead and NEVER, EVER let the enemy get behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Greatest KV-1 memory, 6 kill rage, came down to 1 on 1 with a Churchill 1 with the silly 6-pound gun. I had no ammo left so rammed him to death except he kept tracking me. Funny as f**k!

I won :)

20. Risky

Risky Modder

KV-1 attempted a ram against me a day or two ago.....in my T1 Heavy.....uphill....FAIL.

I do remember though how scary they were when you first see them in yout Tier 3 tank. I even remember the first time I killed one was with a M8A1 firing from med range hidden in the Magic Forest.