1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Are you rolling with SA goons or is it a separate group?

2. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

SA goons.

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Nice heh, you may see me knocking about their irc channel, and jabber for mwo as well.

4. dave_beast

dave_beast Enthusiast

DayZ Epoch is set in a future time after the Great Infection. Humanity is slowly returning to the wasteland, industrious survivors have begun to join together in small groups and rebuild society. Small camps of merchants have started to pop up to do business with survivors who collect goods from the wasted remnants of civilization. Wholesalers have landed on the shores offering imported goods to aid the rebuilding effort.

All is not safe however some vestiges of infection still remain and rogue bandits still roam the countryside preying on unsuspecting survivors. Survive, explore, build wealth, make your way through the harsh environment and assist in the effort to rebuild, or burn it all down its your choice, live in the Epoch.

Jump on our DayZ Epoch server 188.165.250.119:2302, 5 active admins, anti hack, live database backups and rollbacks. Download DayZ Epoch through Commander and launch through that or filter MGT in game. Look forward to trading some gold with you soon.

[​IMG]

DayZ Epoch 188.165.250.119 port 2302

5. dave_beast

dave_beast Enthusiast

Our updated DayZ servers on new IP

DayZ Origins 188.165.250.119 port 2324

[​IMG]

DayZ Epoch 188.165.250.119 port 2302 500+ vehicles

[​IMG]

DayZ Namalsk 188.165.250.119 port 3302 Only 60 slot Namalsk server, gets to 60 players 4-8pm

[​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Jun 2013
  6. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I miss this game so much it hurts. Internet connection is shite out here in darkest Africa, so I'm thinking about doing the singleplayer mod for DayZ.

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Come baaaaack.... ::(:sigh:

8. Dannyman191

Dannyman191 What's a Dremel?

It's alright man, as long as you're coming back one day, we all miss you, except fluidic. :hehe:

9. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

[​IMG]

I might hey. I'm almost guaranteed another six months here.......We shall see.. :thumb: On my connection, it will take 4 weeks to download Arma and OA! And thats if the connection holds steady.

10. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

1st post in this thread starts with a question. Has anybody ever watched on in horror as your "best pilot" ploughed into a tree in a helicopter full of all your stuff to transfer to your house? Oh the wonderful world of DayZ Origins.

Speaking of which, if anyone here plays DayZ Origins and fancies teaming up, my steam name is in my sig :thumb:

11. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Couple times. I've been involved in a mid-air collision between two helis piloted by members of same team. We had the best gear in game on us and in helis waiting for stashing.

Then that one not-so-good pilot decides to go all Top Gun and boom.

12. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Wow, been awhile since I checked this out. DayZ Origins looks pretty tempting!

13. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Good lord that sounds like something that'd be fun to watch. We didn't have the best gear, but it was our personal best in DayZ and DayZ Origins.

I think it's better than vanilla because of all the new vehicles, the fact that you can build houses and stuff and because you can choose your spawn region. But the Taviana map has less countryside styled area so its a little harder to hide vehicles if you don't have a garage to keep them in.

14. dave_beast

dave_beast Enthusiast

That cockney rogue Danny Dyer plays some DayZ, I don't think he knows whether it's real????

[​IMG]

Warning - Strong language, NSFW

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I've watched in horror as a pilot delivering a helicopter full of goodies as a diplomatic sign of peace ran out of fuel not 500m after taking off and plummeted back to earth. Trying to explain that one to the other clan was fun!

Origins is just the breath of life DayZ needed to get me back. Houses are the best things ever, the abundance of vehicles (particularly aircraft) is far more fun that I figured, and the addition of hostile human NPCs makes it more dynamic.

16. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

17. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I spent three days gathering stuff to fix a helicopter, finally got it working so took off and landed near a fuel tank in Lopatino without any problem but on exiting the heli it decided to trap me inside it and I died. I restarted and made my way back to it. I got as far as Pustoshka when my leg got broken by a zombie. I crawled around for looking morphine in Putoshka and Vybor for about two and half hours before giving up and heading to the helicopter on my hands and knees. After a further 40 mins I made it back, got in by accident, exited and same thing happened again, dead, Fuuuuuuuu. Fortunately I recovered the helicopter on my next attempt but crashed later that day when taking off by the edge of a forest. I'm giving the game a rest for a few days.

18. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Amazing no-one else nicked it! How busy is the server you play on?

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

15-20 but getting lower and lower unfortunately. One of the few standard Expert servers without crosshairs and 3rd person. When thats gone I'll just stop playing I think, I'm not interested in shooting from the hip whilst being able to see over buildings.

20. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Ah what server's that? I'm in the same camp as you with the 3rd person and crosshair, they completely break immersion. Also I steer well clear of all the "9000+ Vehicles 1337 Starting Loadout xoxox Awesome Sauce!" servers.

The best hardcore servers I've found are BMRF #2 and Zombies.nu SE2. Sometimes they get up to 40+ but most of the time they've got around 20 players. For more full servers without third person the Breaking Point hardcore servers aren't too bad' though there is more of a focus on PvP with the dramatic increase in the amount of military loot around.