1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Sapphire HD7950 Vapox-X 3GB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Poulter, 22 Apr 2013.

1. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Sapphire has had some problems of late they were the first amd manufacture to voltage lock the gpu and has received a lot of bad press because of it.

The card itself is getting reviews like that elsewhere on there forums so I'd suggest avoid.

3. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Ok, thanks for the heads up :D

4. AiA

AiA Minimodder

5. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Yeah i did think about it and the 660ti too, but i want something that will last a bit longer, and the 7950 at least the sapphire one can be overclocked so easily that it would be silly not to get it.... Think that that card would have been in a bad batch? there seem to be loads of people complaining about the same thing with that particular card in feb/march time?

6. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

I've just read that the card has to BIOS, and to overclock/unlock the voltage it needs to be switched to the second 'slower' BIOS that allows you to overclock it, this true?

7. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Does anyone on here own this card, and can you tell me if its a 1x6 pin and 1x8 pin or 2x 8 pin. As some forums are saying that there's overheating problems with one of them, yet the 2x 8 pin is newer
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-304-SP
    sites like this seem to still be selling the 1x6 pin and 1x8 pin, but i can't seem to find out if it is just that they haven't updated the website or not...