1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other TastyPC

Discussion in 'General' started by Retro~Burn, 10 May 2013.

1. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

Hello awll, (sic)

I'm sure many but perhaps not all of you have heard of Lauren who does reviews for TastyPC:

TastyPC

I find her rather good and she explains things concisely and does a very decent job of reviewing the latest hardware and modding gear. Plus she's quite savvy seeing as the PC modding scene isn't exactly brimming with the female of the species so when one is involved it is a bit like dropping a pepperoni in a pool of piranhas - they're all chomping at the bit. ;)

Anyone else here who follows her? If you see the comments page on her videos and her facebook page it's blatantly a Herta factory on overdrive but she knows her stuff and the market I think!

She's even sponsored by Aquatuning. :)

I'm not doing a free plug or PR, hope it doesn't go all Max Clifford now.

2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I've been subbed to her for some time now(since her first 4-5 videos??) she's got a nice way of describing things, although at times she does speak a little too fast. The fact that she's dang attractive isn't exactly a negative.

3. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Always liked her videos and as tungster said it's a bonus that she is DAMN attractive. Perfect woman loves pcs and us gorgeous what else do you want?????

I also have such admiration for her for doing the videos with her having such a serious illness

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Whats her illness?

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Is that an Essex accent, it's killing me.

Mute. ah perfect

6. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

She has some sort of heart condition/problem

7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I've seen a few of her videos has some good explanations but I think 95% of her views are the fact she has a nice rack, pretty much how most other educational ish videos on youtube get all there hits, pretty girl talks about stuff with her rack out 10,000,000 instant hits.

8. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

Haha, I'll admit it's the kind of accent which gives the sensation of putting one's ear against a cheese grater but she's not too bad and she has a nice presenting style.

Poor woman, I'd read a comment from someone mentioning she hadn't been well. I think she'll go far!

MDK: That's what I meant by her being savvy ;).

9. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Heheh. At least she knows what she's doing. The fake "tech" girls are quite irritating, several companies are pretty guilty of doing this.

10. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Have to agree she knows what shes doing, ill admit the accent grates a bit but far better than some of the girls i have the misfortune to work with. Plus she can pronounce things correctly.

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Put it this way, listen to TTL and look at the man, or listen to Lauren and look at her. She wins everytime. <3

13. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

She's alright accent rubs off after a while.

Not too sure what's going on with her hair but she makes good videos.

14. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I want to burn my ears off.

15. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Easy accent (well she dont have an accent, its the rest of country that does.

Northern accent or Scottish, then i have to give up, cant stand a single word of it.

anyway, the reviews are good.

16. enterobsidian

enterobsidian Hopless World Wonderer

Funny you should say that, I've just come back from a job that started in Grangemouth in dry dock. I'm sure the only reason I was there was because the rest of the crew were English, and couldn't understand a word any of the local welders said. I basically had to translate what was being said between them!

Cheers
    Enterobsidian

17. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

I want to say positive things about her, but I fear that anything I would say would end up sounding sexist.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Come on now... being from Essex isn't *that* bad...

That said I did enjoy the couple the TastyPC videos I've seen... even if her voice does start to grate after a while... all the videos I've seen I've either had open in another tab so it's been audio only or she's off-camera so what she looks like is largely irrelevant...

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I didn't know she had any sort of illness. That puts an entirely different perspective on things because I've had and still have a couple of very close friends with everyday life threatening/changing illnesses, but I did already enjoy a few of her videos long before this thread even came up. The accent, despite being a bit grating at times isn't too bad. I live in a little slice of the UK responsible for some of the harshest and most difficult to understand accents in spoken English, so I can't exactly dislike her for an Essex accent. I may have referred to her as a robot at some point in the past... That was harsh of me. Too quick to judge, not too late to take it back.

And yes, despite all the overdone hair and makeup she is a pretty girl :)

[edit]

Also, I'm pretty sure we covered this topic before not that long ago - gamer/hardware chicks in general was the topic of the thread IIRC. A quick forum search has come up empty but I'm pretty sure it's in here somewhere.

Last edited: 13 May 2013
  20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

As a former phone drone i can say in my experience at least Northern Ireland accents weren't too bad... Southern/Republic of Ireland were worse [in parts, like everywhere it varied by county...]. However the area/accent I had the hardest time with was Welsh... Angry Indians were up there too but that was a combination of the accent and the sheer speed at which they speak...

It says something when Cockneys, Brummies and Essex...ites [?] were the people you had the least trouble understanding...