1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Aquatuning drops EKWaterBlocks products from webshop

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 17 May 2013.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Messy and unprofessional. Disappointing from both companies.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

It is a bit odd for a spat like this to (a) become public and (b) end up as a statement on a company's website... Unprofessional indeed.

4. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

I can assure you this was a last resort and route that we did not want to take.

But the ultimatum from EK to either forget the owed payments or drop the range has pushed us to drop it and be upfront in explaining why we have done so.

And to make this perfectly clear we do still want to work with EK as it has been a successful relationship but to do this we need our agreements honored.

5. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

I would argue it isn't unprofessional on Aquatunings part, but rather honest/transparent.
    Disappointing on EK's side, but will be interesting to see which manufacturer takes their place.

6. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Agreed

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

+1

Don't see this as unprofessional from Aquatuning, if anything it's pleasantly honest.

8. Hakuren

Hakuren What's a Dremel?

Well if it means that Aquatuning will bring full range of Swiftech products then I'm all for it.

Looks like EKWB following 16th Rule of Acquisition:

A deal is a deal...until a better one comes along.

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

EKWB should have paid their bills.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Fair play, and fair play for coming out to comment. Very disappointing from EK - nearly everything in my WCing build is EK, but shady business practices are going to make me look elsewhere in future.

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I could never really afford EK kit, just a little too expensive for me. So won't miss out here. Shame about EK's professionalism, or lack there of, though.

12. Goty

Goty Minimodder

You know what they say about there being two sides to every story... I'm interested to hear EK's interpretation of events.

13. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

guessing they know they are big now, and decided paying what the promised wasnt worth it when they didnt need a partner. most obvious solution would be that ek are being dicks now that they have a completely solid name for themselves

14. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

man just wtf is up with EK these days

15. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

I read thid news several times,and never understand what is the reason for that-can someone explain me?

I only understand that EK is not paying something.

16. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

From what I can understand; Aquatuning was doing something or another to deserve money from EK, not quite sure what would warrant such an action, but I don't know Business, as part of this; Aquatuning had a massive stock of EK parts, which meant that, in turn, EK was seeing a lot of business through Aquatuning. EK has, according to the story, failed to pay some of the payments owed as part of the distribution deal, in return; Aquatuning issued the ultimatum, which EK refused to accept, leading to the current situation.

I suspect it went public so people would understand quite why Aquatuning have stopped carrying EK parts, rather than people just suddenly getting up in arms when they no longer stock something.

17. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

EK's statement regarding the issue.

Seems AT wanted to go public with their side of the story first. Pre-emptive strike to discredit competitor or plain honesty towards watercooling community?

Each to his own view, but bottom line is, both companies will lose here.

18. makymaco

makymaco What's a Dremel?

Aquatuning have links with alphacool and owns phobya. Now they have a complete range of products they want to get rid of a concurrent.

It's only very recently, alphacool propose a complete range of radiators and waterblocks, and i always suscpected an aquatuning specific support, with the publicity from the aquatuning user on xtreme systems.

I think they invested a lot to be the major manufacturers/resellers of watercooling products worldwide.

I think aquatuning isn't a neutral retailer.

If they lock the market, it is not on our favor, a fair concurency is in favor of customers.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited: 19 May 2013
  19. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

The disagreement is over the licence fee for the EK Supreme, we showed how to manufacture this and agreed a fee to licence it to them. Sadly they have stopped paying.

This is an interesting view but we actually make our money from product distribution so having to cut a large and popular range is not what we want to do.

As for our link if you click the boxes at the top of the page you will see the full range they are listed in performance order.

here is a clearer link for you http://www.aquatuning.de/index.php/cat/c1496_All-Waterblocks.html/XTCsid/o19akjagsck864koo3jugfol91

20. makymaco

makymaco What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags