1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Cnc alu cost?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Archtronics, 21 May 2013.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Just wondering if anyone could give me an indication of how much it would be to get a 8mm thick 200mm by 350mm design cut out?

Cheers

2. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

It would depend hugely on how intricate the design was, if it just a simple rectangle it would be quite cheap, if its intricate it would obviously be more. Usually for jobs like this you pay for the amount of time in the CNC rather than the size. Hope that wooly explanation helps a little?!? Confused myself!!!

fuus likes this.
  3. Oooo

Oooo What's a Dremel?

Look at Schaeffer and try your design in their program.
    They can offer the size you want and have an instant price calculator in the program.

A piece the size u want without any details would be over 60 Euro + vat and freight.

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I believe you were at Nottingham Trent Uni... Since you've finished the workshop over in Maudslay building has a nice water jet cutter, assuming it's a simple profile to cut out and not a pocketed design.

If you've got the drawings and material, hop over there quick and see Big Al, and with a nod and wink (beer money) he'll churn it out while you wait.