1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

I've just updated the server to 1.5.1! :)

Also updated all major plugins. I connected, did some basic tests and everything seems fine. If you run into problems please let me know!

It was (temporary) off-line because it had crashed it seems. I think it could be related to newer clients connecting to my older server. Not really sure. Anyways, it's back up again :D

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Ugh, the recent minecraft update has broken my whole combo lock!

All due to a really esoteric bug!

3. Xtreme_Machine

And we are at 1.5.2 :rock:

4. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

Im back playing on the server fairly regularly :)

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Nether seems to be broken. I just spawned above the bedrock.

6. Xtreme_Machine

Hi there,

Me again. I have just updated the server to 1.6.1 (yes that's right, 1.6.1 NOT 1.6.2!) :D

Sadly there is no Bukkit server for 1.6.2 yet. I thought i would upgrade anyway so you can get to the new stuff. Expect some issues however (as stated in the minecraft release history).

To login you will need the new launcher and configure a profile to use 1.6.1.

FYI: The old client will give a 'outdated client' message, the new 1.6.2 version will give a 'outdated server' message.

Have fun :)

XM

7. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Hi, XM! ;)

That's great news. Yesterday when my wife and kids where playing on 1.6.2 I thought to myself: "That 1.6 update was a rather big step, wonder when our Bit-Tech-ish server is up to speed" And you done (almost) that - incredible.

Alas, I havn't been playing on the server for months, the time just won't alow it (beein a father of three kids takes its tolls) Anyway - hopefully I'll get around to playing some this summer, as a time-out from doing repairs and similar stuff in and around our house.. ..hopefully..

Hope your summer will be nice..

8. Xtreme_Machine

We are live at version 1.6.2 with bleeding edge versions of everything! :rock:

You can now all set your profile to 1.6.2 (or latest version) again :)

I think everything is working, but as always.. if you find something please let me know :)

MrsFio and #'s have my email address if there is some urgent matter. I keep on forgetting about the bit-tech forum messages :)

@ MrsFio: I promoted BLC today, so it seems to working again with the new version of the plugin.

@BLC: Welcome to the Bit-tech group :clap:

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Cheers :).

Though it now seems to be broken again in 1.6.2 :(... No permission to use /mw commands :/

10. Xtreme_Machine

Sad to hear I broke it again. It seemed ok when I logged in and did some quick tests

I'm afraid i can't look into it until late this evening.

I am at work right now and the ports I use for RDP are blocked by the company firewall. I also have a social gathering at the office.

I'll post here again when I think i got it fixed :)

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hey, I'm in no rush :). I need to stock up on materials anyway - I'll just be mining in "world" instead of "world18" :).

12. Xtreme_Machine

Right, permissions are fixed once again :) Had some major configuration errors on my permissions plugin :blush:

The only problem is, the moderators can not promote/demote players yet. I could not find a solution for that. It looks like either a Bukkit or bPermissions bug, can't be sure.

So for the time being. I will be the only one who can promote new users. Don't think we have many new visitors, so I'll leave it as is for now.

@MrsFio & JrRRr: If you have a new users that needs to be promoted, could you please send me an email?

13. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

But of course.. ..if we are logged on that is.. ;)

14. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Apparently multi-world has broken again...

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Right, quick fix for /mw not working:

The problem seems to be that commands are basically not working for everyone in world so you need to get out of world i.e. into the nether and then you should be able to mw. The portal I use is in al_pa_ca's place which is where the tower is past the SAZ letters. Once you get in, the portal is down the mineshaft on one of the branches coming off that just above the bottom.

16. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Think I'll just make a portal right next to spawn next time I'm on..

17. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Amazed that this server is still going. and that my home is untouched! I had forgtten how many blocks I had placed... been poking around. seeing what's what. glad that it's all still there!

18. Xtreme_Machine

Seems i forgot to fix the permissions for some people. I'll get to it right now :)

Edit:

Seems fixed once again.....

I was partially right. Also the permissions for the groups guest, bit-tech and bit-tech-mod where gone.

I have added them again and disabled the auto-saving feature which should solve that problem.

A side-effect seems to be that you need to logout and in again after you have been promoted to see your new group/permissons.

Please let me know if there are any more issues.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2013
    fuus likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hey guys

I found a new friend today:

[​IMG]

Had to trek over 2km from my house to find it though. They only spawn in plains biomes and I'm not sure if they spawn in old chunks or not, so I went to find new chunks just to be safe. I think I had the most epic confluence of good fortune - in the same new plains biome I found: a chasm with an abandoned mineshaft at the bottom, a chest cart with diamonds & gold bars, another chest cart with a saddle and about 5 horses. Win!

The x/z co-ords are 1280/-1022 (I think! They might be the wrong way round!) if anyone else wants to give it a shot. You'll need a saddle though: once you've tamed it you can't control the horse's movement without a saddle (bit like a pig and carrot-on-a-stick, except you don't need the carrot-on-a-stick).

fuus likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I tried out horse breeding and ended up with more than I needed! I've still got a breeding pair, so there are a couple of horses hitched up outside the spawn for world18 - first come, first served! :)