1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Don’t be fooled by Laptop CPUs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 25 May 2013.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli What's a Dremel?

2. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Considering most sigs here portray at least a 2500k?

Edit: Oh you probably mean those uber extreme 3920XM's and whatnot

3. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

My Q6600 clocked at 3.2Ghz and GTX285 Clocked upto 725mhz core begs to differ on that quoted laptop. and my Cpu and Gpu are a few years old now.

4. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

5. No1Spank

No1Spank What's a Dremel?

I buy a new laptop every 5 or 6 years with a reasonable spec. My pentium 3 1.1ghz laptop was far more powerful than lower clocked p3 desktops I tried and would have been about the same as a 1.1 desktop.
    I had a 1.6ghz core duo and that was more or less the same performance (I did a bit of benching) as the same speed core duo desktops I had.
    I've been benching my Ivy bridge i5 against my current desktops. It is only clocked at 1.7ghz but it beats my 4.6ghz FX-6300 in some benches.
    The graphics are actually even better than I expected as well allowing me to play all but the most demanding games at good levels.
    Best place to check specs is on an enthusiast site like HWbot where its all about the performance comparisons.
    To be fair though an i5 laptop is really only an i3 an i7 laptop is only an i5. Other than that clock for clock of the same gen there won't be a lot in it. If you want to play games or do anything at the top level a desktop is king because only they can have the best components, but a laptop is a good sub for a mediocre desktop.

Tags: Add Tags