1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm reliably informed that Top Gear series 20 will be on the BBC in June. No specific dates or details on what will be in the series, but that's the latest info.

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Jezza confirmed a "summer" on his Top Gear blog column the other day as well...

3. lava

lava Minimodder

Just got my annual e-mail to request reserve tickets (Never get them but it does give the recording dates)

all Weds between 26th June - 31st July

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's also where Clarkson makes his money - selling the TG brand globally makes him a very respectable chunk of cash. Finalgear are listing first ep as 30th June, which ties in with recording dates lava. :)

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

The new series starts on 30th June then :)

Edit: misread Krikkit's post, beat me to it

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Awesome, Thanks for the update lava, will update the dates on Page 01.

Sam

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

8. alastor

alastor Minimodder

I bet it's a Dacia, how much more reasonably priced can you get at the moment?

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

It's quite possibly a Dacia Sandero. Which is sold as a Renault here.
    Possibly a Megane or a Fiesta though.

10. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I'd quite like it to be a reasonably priced more-performance-oriented car, like a Renaultsport Twingo or Suzuki Swift Sport. Maybe an MX-5 or GT86 would be quite entertaining with all the oppo opportunities :).

Would guess it's "Good News..." though.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It'll be another hum-drum hatch - as it says in the article, something that isn't fast (that rules literally everything with performance orientation out, something like a Twingo will bite for clumsy driving, a GT86 is easy to get out of shape).

I reckon a Sandero, Hyundai i30, something similar. I'm expecting them to go for a boosted engine, it'll tighten the board up a little as the less-competent drivers can struggle keeping an N/A engine on the boil while concentrating on cornering.

12. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

14. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

That looked awesome aswell :/

15. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I'm hoping it'll be a Skoda, possibly the Yeti or Roomster. Clarkson's always said he likes those.

16. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

I wonder if they will managed to coax one of the three owners of this beauty for an episode?

[​IMG]

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Much as I'd love to see the GT86 be the reasonably priced car (and with the nannies on, it's easy enough to keep in shape), it's too sporty for the car, and too hard to drive FAST (I read a few columns now where they compared it to a Golf GTI, and in the hands of journos, the GTI is quicker around a track. A race driver turns that around).

I am quite solidly expecting the Sandero, just because they can continue the "good news" joke.

As for the season, I reckon it'll be ok... The cars at least could be good.
    After all, there's a new McLaren (which they probably won't feature yet), a new Ferrari, some newer "consumer cars" (i.e. city runabouts), and a bunch of monsters from less known brands that came out recently, some of which got mentions on tg.com - we know they had an eco-SLS, a new Spyker, a GTR-GT-something, a bunch of old Porsches, etc.

18. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

GaryP likes this.
  19. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait. :D

20. alastor

alastor Minimodder

The usual spoilers from this months magazine:

Viva Espana - The boys head to Spain to find the best convertible supercar; the 12c Spider, 458 Spyder or R8 V10 Spider
    Big Yellow Taxi - Richard tests taxis from around the world with a race, no doubt involving at least a couple of BTCC drivers
    Jeremy drives the BAC Mono
    Yacht's going on? - It's car vs boat in a race between James on an America's Cup yacht against Jeremy in...something, along the New Zealand coastline
    SLS shootout - Explodey liquid vs electric power in an AMG SLS Black vs AMG SLS E-Cell face off
    Caravan of Love - Jeremy and James test the current crop of crossover/soft roaders with the "help" of some caravans
    Damn, I wish I was your hover - The boys build a hovercraft from a Ford Transit
    Hot Hatch triple test - 208 GTI vs New RS Clio vs Fiesta ST
    Rule Britannia - a celebration of the current British car industry, including the new Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type and new Routemaster bus
    Ferrari F12 - Jeremy takes the latest V12 from the Scuderia to a rather wet Scotland