1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks gaming which one, GT70 2OD-200UK or the slightly more expensive GT70 2OD-099UK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tribble, 15 Jun 2013.

1. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

you could buy the ssds and install them for less money then sell the 64GB ones on the marketplace?

Teelzebub likes this.
  3. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

So it is upgradeable which is good, the other issue i have is hospital wi-fi, this is for my gaming teen son, he is going to be spending quite a bit of time in hospital and is missing his LoL :geek:

He plays other games as well as this his main hobby.

4. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

get one of the 3 wireless hotspots he can take in with him? depends on the ward and hospital as to if he is allowed them or not

5. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I bought a 4g coverage with ee but in Cambridge it doesn't have any coverage, so only 3g, it was useless as well.

The hospital unit he has been moved to now have bb, so don't need it.

Now my only issue is win 8, omg is it buggy, it is as good as useless for gaming, want to put win 7 on it, can't find any mobo drivers on the msi website though, ppl i purchased from said just to put win 7 on and it will be fine :eyebrow: not to certain about that.

bugs, window features and man does it hang, had to do a restore as kb stopped working, but it does that any way, certain blu rays will not play, games don't have that much chance of working either, it is just annoying at present. :wallbash:

so i'm hoping i can just reformat and slap win 7 on it :clap:

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Windows 7 is pretty good at finding its own feet drivers wise.

Installed it on an old Dell D630 and worked flawlessly. Only needed to update the Touchpad drivers for increased functionality!