1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Last Of Us Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 16 Jun 2013.

1. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Willing to buy a PS3 to play this, damnit. Perhaps find someone to borrow one from...

2. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Maybe I should run a hiring service. Sounds like it could nicely supplement my income!

3. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

PC gamers are neutral in their choice of console..They possibly dont care at all :D .. Why not gain some more income by porting it to PC.

4. ResCyn

ResCyn What's a Dremel?

Dammit now I'm thinking of picking up a PS3 just to play this. It's been getting stellar reviews including a 10 from EDGE (although they're no where near as good as they used to be IMO it's still only their 10th 10 IIRC). A trip into CEX at lunch I think to sus out the 2nd hand prices...

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I hid my 360 behind the LCD TV, missus only noticed due to the noise as she thought the TV was failing, a new PS3 won't have that issue, she'll never know its there.

6. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Played a few hours of this now and it's been absolutely outstanding. I knew my PS3 would be good for something someday....

7. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

why? £40 is actually really worth it. its a great game so far!

8. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Meh, keep your exclusive ND I won't be playing plenty of other great games on pc.

No games worth buying a console at the very end of it's life, wake up.

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

If you've not bought one yet then getting one at the end of its life is surely the best time, the library is huge, you can cherry pick and play all the best stuff, there is probably not a better time to buy and best of it all it costs much less.

10. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Agreed (though I've had a PS3 for some time now). This is much what I did with HD DVD - as soon as Toshiba abandoned the format, eBay was ripe with almost brand new players for £50 and movies for pretty much the price of postage. I reckon my HD DVD library, with over 60 decent movies and a Toshiba player, cost me less than £250 in total. And, better yet, nobody ever borrows my discs so no problems with scratched or misplaced discs like with DVD and Blu-Ray!

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Agreed!

12. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

They'll be disappointed, because Naughty Dog's sole purpose and target audience for this game was to sell it to you and likewise people who dont own a PS3. :thumb:

Or maybe it wasnt, maybe they've made it for their existing loyal fanbase, for people who already own the console, and maybe some who'll go out and buy one for it given everything else the PS3 can do.

Why do people, such as yourself, have to view everything like you're their sole target? Like if its not helpful to you, then its not helpful to anyone. I dont look at 360 games and suggest their developers are stupid to make a 360 game because i dont own one, or plan to either. If its of no use to you, then be disappointed or simply dont care, but why suggest the developer needs to wake up, purely because your circumstances dont align with millions of other peoples, who'll be going out and buying it, enjoying the experience, and making ND a nice little earner for their hard work on 'a console at the very end of its life'. Its such a bizarre statement to make.

13. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

This game is fantastic, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. magnetobob

magnetobob What's a Dremel?

to me its a great game but not fantastic in my mind however can see why people could be so impressed as its a change to current genre trends. however naughty dogs does seem consistent with good games

15. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Whilst everyone on my friends list are deep into GTAV I have bucked the trend in the hope I can get a PS4/PC variant and I've gone of and got into this game, blimey, what a game, it was a bit of a slow burner initially but I am hooked, started it on hard and am loving the scarcity of it all, scavenging for gear, thinking out tactics to attack/not attack to save supplies, awesome.

Anyone done it on survivor level yet? I am really looking forward to playing through where its even more restricted on loot.

16. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Borrowed a mate's PS3 and bought this after it won all the BAFTAs. Totally brilliant in graphics (from a potato!), sound, voice acting, pacing, story-telling, world building, the works. The only downer was that playing it with a controller felt like being hobbled by **** analogue sticks.

Still, easily the best game I've played in a number of years.

Tags: Add Tags