1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News IO Interactive cancels everything that isn't Hitman

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Hitman has got kinda boring. Really they need a totally new IP or at least a totally new take on the Hitman series.

How about Hitman: future ninja.

Its Hitman, set in future Japan, and open world.

3. altdoom

altdoom What's a Dremel?

Freedom Fighters 2? :*(

4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

The last hitman SP game and story was awesome. My issue was with the "multiplayer" section that at best felt forced and shoehorned into the game.

+1 with Parge for new IP - which will never happen now seeing as that's what they exactly saying here.

/2cents

5. NetSphere

NetSphere What's a Dremel?

Considering that Square Enix has had the worst loss in the company's history, 13,714 Million Yen loss (from here: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/13q4earnings.pdf) . This is a time when they'll start cutting back on anything that they don't think they have high returns on. So SquEnix has to start coming up with something really good.

Perhaps they are pinning their hopes on Hitman? I have heard that the latest hitman was more 'n00b' friendly whereas the previous ones were pretty hard. What are people's thoughts? Do they prefer standalone assassination missions or linear storylines?

IMO, the standalone assassination missions were what differentiated Hitman from other series. And I particularly like the Sniper Challenge.

6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Does this affect sleeping dogs in any way?

Im hoping there will be a sequel because that was a seriously good game.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2013
  7. konstantine

konstantine What's a Dremel?

Hitman has become one of the most destroyed games in the history of gaming. But then again, you have to look at the degeneracy of the dramas and what not the game has embodied in the last few releases. It's been, in the last few releases, a cheap copy of a degenerate Hollywood action movie.

Progression wise, the game hasn't changed much in terms of mechanics. It's about time developers seriously start considering advancing the mechanics in video games, or the so called physics engines nowadays.

The game had gone through the same path of degeneracy as Tomb Raider.

8. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Have you played the new Tomb Raider?

9. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Did anyone actually enjoy the Kane & Lynch games?

10. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Where's that 'like' button?!

11. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

Hell yes to this. Would be great to see an open world in a game thats main selling point is freedom of choice to complete your objective.

Honestly, I only played 2, but I admired the attempt at bringing the handheld camera angle to games.

Everything else about it was pretty s*** though

The new tomb raider lacked the puzzling element (in my opinion) as the all pretty much have since AOD. Maybe I'm missing something but they all felt trivial to me. Underworld especially.

Glad they're focussing all they're efforts on this. Means we might finally get the perfect hitman.

12. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

The new one certainly did lack the puzzles but I think regardless was a very good reboot. It focused less on the tomb raiding and more on Lara's back story, but I think and hope the next one will have more, longer, harder tombs.

Tags: Add Tags