1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Carbide Air 540 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 19 Jun 2013.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Oh, and first custom water cooled build is already done...

[​IMG]

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

This is a really tempting case to replace my fairly hot and cramped cm cosmos s. I have to admit I didn't like the look of it until the article said it was about the same height as a prodogy, but now i think it looks awesome. And i'm sure if the cheap plastic front does look cheap plenty of people will carbon fibre it or paint it.
    The only potential problem i can see is the PSU doesn't have a hole in the side panel to draw air through, but i guess a few minutes with a dremel would fix that.

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

If you look at the pictures, the PSU is not hard up against the side panel of the case - there is about the same gap as with PSU's that sit on the bottom of cases and draw air from below - about the same as the height of case feet.

This means the PSU draws it's intake air from the cavity on the right hand side which has an intake grill in the rear.

I don't think it will be a problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Your right its most likely not a problem, but as far as i can tell that side of the case has no fresh air entering it. I'm just being fussy ! and as I said a dremel would sort it out quickly enough if it was a worry.

6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

There is a massive vent above the psu when viewed from the rear?

Sent from my phone...

7. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

I'm extremely tempted too. I have a Silverstone FT02-B for my main system, but think I'll buy this for my secondary system :)

8. ehume

ehume What's a Dremel?

I'd like to try this with the rear fan removed.

This is the perfect case for placing under a shelf, from the short height to the front-mounted USB ports. On question -- did the author test those HD SATA cables to make sure they are 6 GB/s?

Tags: Add Tags