1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ballmer rumoured to plan Microsoft shake-up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 Jun 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Squeaky bum time at Xbox division as well?

I hope so, because the miserable shambles of the Xbox One launch is testament to just how far MS is misfiring these days.

Of course, Ballmer should fall on his sword as well, guy's a lunatic.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I guess Ballmer wont be leaving, he reminds me of Les Grossman in tropical thunder :naughty:

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I think they might be better off with Les Grossman!!

5. Xir

Xir Modder

Oh good, I thought they were going to ask what their customers want from them for a change... ah well.

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Sounds more like he's going to fire the good people and promote the people people who brought us the Windows 8 and X-Box one debacles. That's one way to break a monopoly

7. Xir

Xir Modder

There are good people at Microsoft? :D

8. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Fantastic idea by the man at the top. Those so called "good people" have sat around while those so called debacles have taken place and they've done nothing to prevent it.

Clear out the decaying dead wood and push the company even further ahead of the competition. With the passion of Mr Ballmer at the helm, it should keep all those whiners in print while it's still making huge profits for years to come starting with the successful launch of XboxOne later this year.

9. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

Boots with the fur!

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Wait, they are *promoting* Don Mattrick after the PR disaster that is the Xbox One?

*Facepalm*

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I get the feeling from watching Ballmer and Mattrick that Microsoft values these kind of people.

12. Greenie

Greenie What's a Dremel?

I hope they don't touch the Windows Server and System Center platform, just as they are going in the right direction and releasing some awesome stuff.

13. miller

miller What's a Dremel?

Why would you say that :lol:

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Might just work. Microsoft is too big, with too many cliques and in-fighting and the left hand not knowing what the right had is doing. It needs to be leaner, less fragmented and have a clearer direction.

15. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Isn't the in-fighting and different departments competing against each other the ethos Ballmer wanted to foster, or at least i was lead to believe from historical information leaks.
    It would be good if Ballmer has had a change of tact as i personally don't believe you get the best from people in such a hostile environment.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

In "Microsoft’s lost decade" Kurt Eichenwald lays the blame squarely on Ballmer and the bloated bureaucracy he fostered that rewarded successful infighting over innovation and design.

He describes the company’s 'stack ranking' system — where employees on a team are all graded on a curve no matter how well or poorly they actually perform. A bureaucracy of meetings, meetings about meetings, meetings about meetings about meetings... a chasing of fast profits on established cash-cows Windows and Office strangling innovation... Grim reading indeed.

Perhaps the biggest change we need is to get rid of Ballmer. :p

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I need to check my paystub, because that sounds suspiciously like my workplace! :lol:

18. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

If nothing else, Microsoft needs to get a better handle on their PR. Some of their own people's comments made recently absolutely reek of arrogance. No matter what side of the fence you come down on either product, Windows 8 and Xbox One certainly have spawned many divisive debates.

19. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Yeah, MS do seem to be a bit arrogance at the moment. Sony was the same when the PS3 launched and it cost them, but now they seem to be making the right moves to be the top dog again.
    I think MS need to be knocked down so that they can then sort themselves out and come out with some really good stuff.

20. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

can agree microsofts arrogances is going skyward alarmingly fast and they could use some thinning of the fat.... also really hoping steam makes a few more leaps and bounds for linux gaming so i'll never even have to remember the name microsoft afterwards.