1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows War Thunder?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elton, 12 Jun 2013.

1. wiLLSY

wiLLSY Are you a wizard?

You see, I reckon this is all a master plan by Gaijin to force us over to the dark side of the Russian dog, that is its air force. One day we will all succumb to the power of the Russian chainsaws, it is only a matter of time now...

On a less important note, the Ki-45's are a broken plane Elton. I'm pretty sure they have a place holder at the moment for their flight model because unless it's actually a single engine fighter in disguise, in which case I severely underestimated Japanese ingenuity, then its turning capability is way OP for its plane category.

2. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Near enough 1 shot deaths normally though.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Good fun, this game - as long as my pings stay stable.

Still on the Germans (that Junkers is apes*** crazy with an upgraded tailgunner and reload speeds), but for the times when I REALLY want to be a bit stupid and shoot fighters down, I go Russian.
    That BB-1 makes me feel good about myself, especially in airport domination. Nothing like seeing the enemy land and then swooping in from the front with the chainsaws buzzing...

4. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

BB1?
    That plane is a beast xD

I get more kills with the tail gunner (not uppgraded at all) and some evasive flying, than I do in most other low level planes.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The normal buzzsaw guns also make people run screaming...
    It's the boss of ground kills, that - especially since it maneuvers well - compared to the Junkers, at least.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I got the Tei. IT'S ****ING AWESOME.

The lead indicator means its an arcade stomp. And yes it's REALLY broken, but apparently the Beaufighter out turns it. So I don't know how broken it is anymore.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

After trying to dredge through "German Hell" (the bit between level 3 and 6 where the Germans have NO decent planes - except for the JU-87A - and everyone else runs around in Spitfires or Russian planes), I decided to give them Gerries a rest and have some fun with the Russian planes again (it's kinda like turning troll mode on, that).
    Getting kills is SO easy with them.
    The BB1 bombs well enough to pretty reliably get the bomber achievement, and the I16 (i think that's it) just blows everything that's not heavily armoured (i.e. pillboxes) to bits with it's buzzsaw guns.
    The I16 becomes REAL fun with rockets in Airport domination. 2 enemy planes landing? rain rockets, and turn on the guns.

8. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

But the Germans get the MC202 - which is fantastic - best plane at T4...

No cannons granted, but way superior in handling to the equivalents, and those machine guns pack a reasonable punch.

9. Elton

The MC202 climbs like a bat out of hell. It's arguably the best MG equipped BnZ plane next to the Ki-61 Hiens. I do rather well in level 4 with the 202. Good income and it's generally uncatchable as you have an engine and plane that can climb like a boss.

I don't think the Russian tree is overpowered as much as I find the engine seems to favor russian bullets. :lol:

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

LOL@Russian Bullets.

I actually quite regularly get kills from the Tailgunner in the BB-1.
    Other than that, the I-16 is GREAT for airport domination, as is the LaG-3 (i think) with it's cannon. That Cannon just rips things to bits in tiny little bursts. Though the LaG isn't as maneuverable as the I-16

11. Elton

After flying around a bit more, I've found that the Japanese Type 99 and Hispano cannons to be actually surprisingly deadly.

The ShVaks are easier to hit but hitting with the other two cannons is an insta kill usually. I haven't played recently though, the buggy 37mm on the Ki-45 (50% chance to hit) is irritating enough for me when i have 1/2 the magazine size and only about 1/3 of the armnament of the actual plane.

Still reppin the japanese though.

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

well, this can be added to the list along with World of Tanks. It's simply become unplayable thanks to nothing but morons. I've just come off the back of a 17 game losing streak and in 15 of those 17 I had more than double the score of anyone on either team. What's the point in even trying with that kind of bollocks. Time to find something else.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

With a good bit of playing happening this past weekend, some observations:

The community seems split between ramming 'tard enemies, friendly firing (and ramming because they lack simple situation awareness) and "jeebus-WTF-Just-Happened" super good (or lucky) players. The first few are irritating (WTF are you taking a bigass bomber to an Airport domination game? Are you hunting for the Bomber badge? f***wit. - that said, I find the BB-1 great in airport domination due to the tailgunner protecting a bit while landing), while the last category is supremely irritating.
    I noticed, for example, that a Hurricane, when getting behind me in the I-16 will reliably shoot out my elevators, leaving me completely screwed.
    Much like the lucky shot in a head-on, where a biplane manages to shoot my LAGG-3 to bits without being hit by the cannon of doom.

14. Elton

The awful hit detection does that.

Sometimes though its rather irritating. I stopped playing just because the game felt like it had no more progression to offer me. Mind you I still love the game, but the economy is frankly terrible and assists leave a bad taste in the mouth rather than a feeling of teamwork.

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah.
    The hit detection really is awful, and by now I am convinced that some players are either the luckiest people alive or plainly cheating/haxxing the game.

16. Elton

Good ping. It makes a huge difference in this game. Especially when using cannons.

But that isn't really the biggest problem as hits that visually register but don't damage.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

LOL.
    I see that a LOT. When I am nailing the plane with bullets, right at their engine (mostly bombers), and every 15th hit or so, I get a hit notification.

As for ping - I'd consider myself doing well then, picking up kills every round, as well as Fighter badges and battle trophies regularly. With a ping of 220-250ms

18. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

This happens so often....I am shredding their wings and tail (they look broken) but the plane just continues doing it's normal thing :grr:
    And on the other other hand I take random pot shots at a passing plane and kill the pilot...

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

War Thunder is still in Beta though.

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

^^ valid point.