1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Isohunt not working due to technical issue, back soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 2 Jul 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

people still use isohunt? man this brings back memories.... isohunt and suprnova.org lol...

btw what r people's thought on kick ass torrents?

3. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Its illegal.

(Piracy discussion on BT never goes well)

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Um, using Isohunt is not illegal, nor is using a Torrent Client for that matter. Downloading of certain material is illegal from whatever source or location it is.

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Pretty sure it's still around

6. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

So why have they been blocked in the UK (kickass torrents not iso hunt)?

7. SchizoFrog

I can't answer that as I know nothing about Kick Ass Torrents and my comment was specific to Isohunt. Maybe something they were doing was illegal. Up until late last night Isohunt has been working fine and Isohunt have said that this is a technical issue, not a legal one.

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Because it's easier to block the site than the content (I'd imagine), plus it may also be down to them providing links to download illegal things.

9. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

But my comment was about KAT :). Isohunt must be 'legal' as its not blocked like KAT.

10. rocknroll237

rocknroll237 What's a Dremel?

"Following the demise of The Pirate Bay"

Proxies my friend.

11. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Something is not illegal just because the american government tries to impose a world-wide ban.

It's like declaring a whistle-blower an criminal because he revealed criminal actions of those wielding the illusion of power.

I use torrents every day. Many legit companies offer torrent versions of their downloads too.

12. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I have no idea who blocked KAT, but I know the uk ISPs blocked pirate bay, not the US government.

Many legit companies DO offer torrents, but they generally don't post it on these kinds of sites, instead just offering the torrent off their own servers.

13. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

It was the courts that banned these sites, not ISPs...

I would go into a long winded speech about these sites not hosting any copyrighted material etc but I can't be bothered.

The bans are useless though as it's very easy to get around them. For example TPB had an increase of traffic from the UK after the ban.

14. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I dont use torrents for movies or applications anymore. I use them for TV shows, when stupid american TV studios decide to make reasonable paid for downloads and not try to force UK people to wait 6 months before we can watch shows, then I will buy them no problem.
    With the internet now, its impossible to not watch a show and it not get spoilers everywhere

15. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Interesting coincidence that releaselog appears to be down as well, or at least it is for me.

16. SchizoFrog

Just be glad you don't live in Germany. They often release a 'tracked' torrent on the usual sites and then whoever downloads the files gets their IP address tracked. The next thing you know is that in 2 weeks you get a letter from a local solicitor with a fine for €1,000 and the only way to appeal is to hire your own, independent lawyer and to take them to court. Over there you are also personally responsible as the bill payer for use of your internet service including WiFi.

What's the UK implementing in 2015? A three time loser ISP ban for illegal downloading.

17. miller

miller What's a Dremel?

ISOhunt is back and I can access KAT from UK, IIRC it's just the bigger ISP's that block some torrent sites not all of them?

18. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Yeah, at home Virgin Media block them but no issues with accessing them through my phone's connection (on 3).

Have to laugh at the article saying "the demise of The Pirate Bay", they're going stronger than ever.

19. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Yes, of course... UK courts started imposing bans because of new legislation that was pushed through by whatever overpaid government twats. It's still as a result of pressure from the large media corporations in the US wanting to lock down everything. I mean they're banning rainwater collection in some US states now so you can see where that country is headed.

20. John_T

John_T Minimodder

WHAT? Where? Why...?

Tags: Add Tags