1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lamptron CW611 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 3 Jul 2013.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I think you're doing it wrong...

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

20 fans? Erm I don't need even a third of that number in my rig.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Jesus titty f'ing christ! And i thought i was using a lot with 9. ha ha.

4. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

60 quid seems pretty blooming steep for a fan controller if you ask me

5. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Word. I'm at 1/10 what siliconfanatic has in mind. When I get around to spending the money, I'll be at 1/5. No rush, though - the single 120mm intake and the 140mm in the roof are handling temps just fine.

6. ya93sin

ya93sin What's a Dremel?

I have the predecessor to this in my rig and I have to say these fan controllers are - excuse the pun - fantastic.
    I think my case didn't lend itself to low noise levels, even with Noctua fans, the actual fan controller is brilliant though, everything still works and the interface is so easy to use.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Currently have 17 in my case and its practically silent, and by the time I have finished there will be another 7 or 9 fans in it.

At the moment I have a 480 rad with 8 fans in push/pull on it.

Still need to add, a 2nd 480 rad and a 240 or 360 in with each rad having fans in push/pull.

There will only be 3 fans in the case in the end that don't have a rad attached to them and that is 2 intake fans in the front and 1 exhaust fan on the back.

Still looking at fan controllers but as a temp solution I will be using molex to 3 pin connectors.

8. blackworx

blackworx Cable Wrangler

Sort of. Abit kinda perfected it with the IP35-Pro, and Intel had some seriously good fan control on some of their media boards, but IMHO the remaining manufacturers are polishing turds. They just use fan control as a marketing gimmick worthy of a few more feature logos and neon graphs on the box. Asus in particular needs to ditch the bells and whistles and go back to basics.

9. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

So according to Scythe´s website, the model you mentioned (D1225C12B4AP-14) uses 0.049A, so, times 12v = 0.588W per fan, that said, it has a startup voltage of 3.5V, so I´d say you´d be ok with anything from 6 to 10 of these fans per channel, it´s a question of trying exactly how many in between 6 and 10 can you use. More than that I think you´d be stressing the unit on startups.

So, use 3-4 channels to run your 20 fans, and the other channels for pumps / flow meter.

10. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Okay. This one it is then :thumb:

11. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

You do know that adding more fans to a rad is not going cool the water better. Using a push pull rad config will get you probably .5 or 1c extra or even nothing at all. Their are numerous tests and forum talks but I give you one for big radiator configs:

http://www.overclock.net/t/518786/huge-radiators-roundup#post6389202

Tags: Add Tags