1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

5500 exp with my panther, thankyavery much! (x3 bonus though...)
    And treated myself to a T15 and the discounted T25 for med and light trainers, not as fun as the D. Max though, awesome thing!
    Does anyone know where you can get the old retail copy of this game? Saw it last year but no where now

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hi guys. I have a big decision to make soon and need your help! I'm going to have to choose between the Indien Panzer (upgrading from my VK 3002D), Ferdinand or Jagdpanther II (both from upgrading from my Jagdpanther).

They're all around the 2.5million mark. Now both the VK 3001D and VK 3002D suffered from poor guns. Anything over T7 just bounced rounds to the extent I get much better results from the 10.5cm 42/L28 gun and HE on the 3002D and use it pretty much exclusively. The Indien-Panzer sounds like it suffers a bit here too. I do still love the speed but I'm reluctant to splash all that cash on something that's yet again lacking in firepower unless I'm top dog.

As for the TDs, I'm leaning towards the Jagdpanther II again as it's faster and more manoeuvrable than the Ferdinand, but I'm worried by its lack of armour and the fact I see far more Ferdinands in game. The Wiki pitches them fairly evenly overall but I'm not sure!

So basically, Indien Panzer, Ferdinand or JadgPanther II?

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I can't really help there, I wanted a Ferdi since before the game was even in alpha so that swayed me :lol: Realistically just fit it to your playstyle. JagdII is a LOT faster than the Ferdi but it will be toast if anything gets you from behind or the side (I took one out from behind with a T-50-2) and both get the same monster gun. Not sure about the IndienPanzer but it's got all the ingredients to be a great medium tier 8.

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

If you want a big gun though, don't get a medium, it sport of as simple as that.

I'd recommend getting the Jdpnzr2 as you seem to like your fast big guns, but you will have to grind your way up to the big one.

Thats my plan as it stands anyway. I must confess that I've got none of the three tanks you've listed I'm just working off my prior experience of the structure of mediums goes on this one. Fast tier 8 mediums tend to be fairly underpowered compared to their rivals.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I can't comment on the Indien Panzer, as I have a Panther 2 to fill the German tier 8 medium tank role, however I have had the JP2 and currently have the Ferdi.

When I reached the this decision myself, I went for the JP2, the thinking being that I loved the JP1, so the JP2 with a tier 10 gun and good mobility would be a good option. Sadly, I found its speed to be of only very situational benefit, and the lack of armour becomes a huge problem in the matches you will end up in. This combined the low RPM on those tier 10 guns means you really need to be able to take the return hits.

So I then picked up the Ferdi and have enjoyed it a lot more.
    Low armour TDs are fine when they have good camo value (stugIII, JGPanzer etc) but once you get to the sizes of these TDs, they are hard to hide and you will get shot at!

Like all German tanks, the lower glassis plate is a big weakness, even on the Ferdi, but if you can get hull down, you can lock a side down from long range with the minimum of support and dish out some pain with the accurate tier 10 gun it sports.

There are planty of people who prefer the JP2 though, so it might well be you have to try them both to be sure.

6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I prefer the JP2 over the Ferdi as I use the speed and mobility to get me into good support positions which allows me to help my team. It isn't and can never be a front line tank due to the reasons you have mentioned (inability to take hits) but the top gun is so powerful and accurate that you can decimate even Tier 10's from distance with well aimed shots.

The mobility comes into it's own when you have to run away. If your support position is at risk, that speed is invaluable to being able to relocate, coupled with the turning speed over the Ferdi. If you are in a Ferdi in a support role and your flank gets rushed, you will not escape but you have a chance in the JP2.

Just make sure you have maximum skills on your crew - lots of camo, rammer and GLD - I use binocs as well which helps the support role from distance.

In random games your effectiveness is more governed by how good or stupid your team mates are, you will never control a Tier 10 game in either the Ferdi or JP2 on your own. However, if you play the support role properly then you can have a major influence on the match.

The best way to play either TD is to snipe without being seen and covering map bottlenecks with the top gun.

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Thanks guys. Was gradually coming round to Ferdi argument too tbh. TBH the other mediums I've used have been okay. Just want the maximum fun really as I doubt I'll be buying anything for a while as I don't play the game that much.

8. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Indien panzer is completely unremarkable. Compared to the VK DB; its amazing :/.

215 pen is fine at tier 8. Good depression. Average mobility, average medium armour, average view range, and slow aim time which affects accuracy (I used vert stab when maybe I should have used a GLD). No turret to research but I presume you need to grind the medium-long 8.8; its gonna be hell with the 75mm or whatever it starts with:hehe:

9. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

Mediums are always fun. Ferdi gave fun when team is good.

send from Deathstar via HAL9000

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I tried the JP2 as i have the ferdi fully unlocked and a load of free XP doing naff all, sold it pretty quick thought it would behave like a big JP1. It does but them has no armour which lets it down. I love my Ferdi it was a horrific grind with the lower guns but so worth it now. being able to dish out on average 550 a shot does make you a big threat from range and if all else fails face hug them!

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Anyone else having issues with XVM-stat not running since 8.7 update. It worked once, but now I get the CMD pop up, and then donk out after 10s with no game launch.

I've reinstalled everything related to no avail, so I am no wondering am I the only one...

12. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Do Bit-Tech users have any form of group set up in game?

13. Lance

Not anymore.

There are a few clans going around [_DOW_] is one, but you really need a tier 8.

14. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Got a fully upgraded T29 atm and working towards tier 8 as we speak. Only recently stsrted playing again though so in no huge rush.

15. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

Is it possible to play this with a 360 controller or are there too many key bindings?

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'm sure you could map it somehow (I doubt it supports controllers on its own), but it really needs the precision of a mouse for aiming.

17. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

Well there is a XBox 360 version now so I thought it might work quite well on PC with a controller. I'll download anyway and find out.

18. Lance

I am hoping they man introduce it for when they release the Xbox version for playing on my sofa in the other room, but for now its not done internally.

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

TBH you can play this game with fists of ham, it requires virtually no skill, just common sense.

20. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

On the Xbox version, does it automatically target the weakspots, to make up for the lack of precision in the controller?