1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Metro 2033 woes

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JD_LincsUK, 18 Jul 2013.

1. JD_LincsUK

JD_LincsUK Dad's ArmA

Hi guys

wasn't sure where gaming troubles went, so hope it's okay to post it here.

I just got the Metro Franchise Pack in the Steam sale and want to play 2033 through before Last Light/DLCs.

However, I can't even get through the prologue in 2033. I tried in DX11 mode, but at the end of the prologue flight with the monsters and winged mutant thingammies, after one swoops in and chops me the screen goes black and that's it.

Pulling up the task manager shows a game 'not responding' error.

I've googled it and the only 'fix' I could find was to switch it to DX10 - which I did, but it still happens.

I tried it 3 times on DX11 and twice on DX10 - I don't think that is the problem. Each time it goes black at the same point.

Any known fixes for this that I haven't found?

Would be nice not to have to ditch yet another of the several games I bought in this sale.

TiA

EDIT: I wish you could delete posts that no-one has answered yet :sigh:

I've found another load of potential fixes and will try them first ;) I see it's definitely not an uncommon issue.

Last edited: 18 Jul 2013
  2. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Have you enabled Depth Of Field per chance?

Try it without that. It causes my system to spaz.

3. JD_LincsUK

JD_LincsUK Dad's ArmA

No, not yet - saw that in a post recently (though they were saying change FOV to 60, but I'll see what happens.

I just got steam to validate the files and it said 4 failed to validate and is redownloading them now.

I've downloaded nearly 50GB from steam in the last week - it's driving me nuts. Had it on all night last night, too (with a transfer rate from as low as 78k) and now, just as I think I've finally finished and can play my games, I have to download another 2.2GB.

Well that's just fine and dandy.

Not. Grrr. :nono:

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Would help to know your system specs.

As its a very system heavy game.

5. JD_LincsUK

JD_LincsUK Dad's ArmA

It's sorted now. After redownloading the 4 files it has worked just fine.