1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Kaamos - polar night : update 9.9 Some new plans

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by White-Fox, 17 Feb 2013.

1. White-Fox

White-Fox What's a Dremel?

I just made a New logo for my self...

This will be used in the mod, and many place elsewhere as i have a bit differend model of this same logo that will be in my hoodie..

[​IMG]

i hope ya all will like it.

2. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

This is what I call modding. Cutting and drilling in the bathroom sitting on the toilet - priceless :D.

Great work so far I am really curious to see it finished.

P.s.
    Please post less pictures. At my job the net is terrible and is a pain to see them all :(

3. White-Fox

Thank you! : ) and i could find the golden middle way on the amount of the pictures.
    Yes i have been uploading a lot of them just to show everything for the one's who want's to learn and and see how it's done and to understand that the location or how you live doesn't need to always be on way when you have a goal or a dream ( like a have ) to reach...

but i will respect you're request and i will try to limit my uploadings :)

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I pray you don't get any shavings on the toilet paper roll.:eeek:

5. White-Fox

Well i really have been wondering why my pricy fancy toilet paper has been feeling almost same as these cheap "sand-paper" toilet papers that they use in schools.... :D

6. LegendaryScott

LegendaryScott Trying to live up to the name

:eeek:Ouch..

Great mod dude, looking cool.

7. White-Fox

Thanks dude :p

I got new new big piece of 6mm acrylic plexi so i start making the frames.. and deadline is knocking on the door, les then week to go.... let's hope for the best.

8. White-Fox

I got my self a hoody! : P

[​IMG]

and started with the 6mm plexy that should be the frame of the computer, but first i cutted it and made some test's on how i could make the oblique edge...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

test's are over and i have allready made the finished product ( like the TV Cheff's :D )

[​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Jun 2013
  9. White-Fox

I continue with the frame...

[​IMG]

and i had and accedent...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then the stand-off's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now we will cut down the hole's for the stand-off's and get some paint on it... IT ISN'T THE BEST PAINT JOB AND IT WAS MADE IN A HURRY!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now we have to modify the bolt's to fit with the stand-off's....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then i made a quick deepening in the frame so the bolt get's hide under it and i will use 2sided tape to connect the frame to the plexy glass so i can get it off for further "maintance" after my "beta release" :p

[​IMG]

soon there will be some more :p

10. White-Fox

BETA RELEASE!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, it will be mounted in the wall BUT i will take this to a lan party ( Vectorama ) so i have to make a "feet's" for it so i can mount it on table....

[​IMG]

and here's some from the happening itself ( note, i have added on the wall that this is beta release )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and in ambient light

[​IMG]

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I think those cables need to be tidied a bit more. It looks a bit unseemly that they overlap on top of the motherboard like that.

Also, i think the HDD's labels ruin the look there. Maybe a covering of something?

12. White-Fox

well the HDD is going to be replaced and this is a beta model so i didn't stressed too much of it...

13. White-Fox

I got some real lightning on my computer and it's looking SLICK!!!

AND IT'S STILL NOT READY!!!!

but first i got for myself a fascia, it was pretty funny cause you just draw in it with special pens :D

[​IMG]

But now to the computer....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. White-Fox

Something funny happened one day! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it's freaking leaking -.-''

Got some new parts for my water cooling and noticed that i have to wait until i get ALL new parts on water-cooling and im broke so we have to wait for a "moment" :D

while that im doing the "Reincarnation" mod in the meanwhile cause it's customer work :p

but here's the part's

[​IMG]

well you all can see the reservoir *haha* and i got myself a new hard-drive :3
    and a AMD APU 6800K prosessor AND a graffics-card... Saphire 7770 Lowprofile.

well, time to swap the hard-drive

[​IMG]

and there it's running, except the gpu broke down, it's memory's heatsink is a dick and overheated so it's getting repaired....

[​IMG]

and this is for sometime, it will take a while to get this mod on going again cause im short on money....

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Sorry to see you got a bad leak there. Absolutely devastating.

16. White-Fox

that's allright, i think it was because of the pressure cause without reservoir the pressure stays high or low, it never stabilize... so it was kinda expected..

but nextime there will be new block with pump, tubes and radiator and stuff, a completely new custom watercooling..

17. White-Fox

My apologies about the freeze on this project, now the situation is that i don't have money

AND

i have a plan, cause im going to make custom watercooling and i really didn't have place to put the reservoir in, i will wait up the NEW AMD FM2+ motherboards and use one of those in M-ATX size when there will be just the space for reservoir and something else... well see what that will be..

suggestions? maybe ill put the start button in there :D OR A THERMAL DISPLAY!! dat would be awesome...

but while waiting this, my other mod ( Reincarnation --> http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=262063 ) will get some paint job done! and then i can start putting up the system :3

and still, im really sorry for making you guys wait.. ( if there is anybody waiting O.O )