1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks BT Family Protection and NetProtect Plus

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by sourdough, 7 Aug 2013.

1. sourdough

sourdough Minimodder

I am seriously thinking about ditching Virgin and go with BT given that I will be paying the same amount of money with added footie games with BT. What I would like to know is are these protection software a compulsory install as it says it comes free with the Broadband? If it is, can I uninstall them afterwards after the installation man has gone?

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Not compulsary at all. You don't have to install them, the engineer will just come and test your connection and ensure your pc can access bbc.co.uk or google.com and then run a speed check on speedtest.net.

It's up to you if you install the Software. Though i think you have to sign up to get the license and software anyway.

3. sourdough

sourdough Minimodder

ah, ok, that's for explaining, now the only sticking point are the one-off charges which amounts to 85.95:)

4. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Just switched from virgin to bt. Software is all optional (as is all the virgin stuff on your current account)

5. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

whatever you do, don't install the piece of **** software that may come with the new router.