1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2070

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 19 Nov 2011.

1. TheJackal

TheJackal Getting Old

just got it on the sale played for a wee hour this morning and like it :)

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Same here :)

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Waiting for deep ocean to arrive from zavvi, £9.98.

Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

oh well. Never heard of simplygames, so probably wouldn't have bought it there anyway.

How can they have it at half the price of everyone else?

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

No idea. I've never heard of them either, Joe posted a link for Hitman from their site.

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Anno fans, GMG has Anno 1404 Gold for £3.24 and all Anno 2070 stuff game/dlc/expansion are on offer. Use GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS for extra 20% off :)

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

A friend made me sign up a little while ago whilst in closed/open beta or something.
    I played it a bit and it seemed quite fun for a browser game, but then with exams and coursework I kind of forgot about it, but it's certainly worth checking out, since it's the kind of thing you can just play here and there if you'd like, or if you want to can play more regularly (although only up to a certain point since a lot of the things take time)

10. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Afternoon all, wonder if someone can help?

I'm playing a continuous game at the mo as Eden, got about 3K population and am up to tier 3 residents (engineers, and some researchers...) and all is going well.

I have a 'home' island with my city on and 3 supporting 'farm' islands growing the raw goods, processing them into food (pasta, energy drinks etc). Trade routes then bring everything to 'Home' and all is well with the world. Apart from health food....

I have an island producing, amongst other crops, rice and vegetables. I have 2 rice farms and 6 active vegetable farms (extra needed for pasta). My farms are all at 102% efficiency and connected by highway to the warehouse/dock. My 3 Health Food factories are placed near to the dock, also connected by Highway.

What is making me scratch my head is that the Health Food factories are running at 20 - 50% efficiency. They have all the power that they need, and other food factories on the island are happily at 100% (flour mill, pasta factory). I notice that the Health Food factories have a small radius associated with them (maybe 10 squares?) Do my rice/veg farms need to be sited within this small radius, or am I doing something else stupid?

Sorry for the random question Bi Techers - could someone help a wally out?

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

How many rice/veg places do you have compared to you factories?
    Check your storehouses, do you have veg and rice sitting there doing nothing?

It could be that you don't have enough people transporting goods to the factories, or more likely you current veg/rice production isn't enough.

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've found this great in getting the most out of production chains.

2 Rice farms will only support 2 health food factories, so maybe that's it.
    1 rice and two veg for each health food.

13. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Thanks for the replies folks :)

It could be that Im expecting too much from 2 rice farms - my only other thought is that I have a craptastic layout that is stopping rice getting delivered to the warehouse / factory quickly. I do sometimes see the 'goods could not be collected' message above 1 rice farm, always the same farm too.

I must be doing something extra stupid with my layout? Pic attached.

[​IMG]

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you are, you've got 19 plants being handled by 3 depots of which only one is lvl 2, upgrade them and you're problems go away.

Toka likes this.
  15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'd probably have another two warehouses around the layout to provide enough collection vehicles.

But as above, I'm pretty sure it's because you've only got two rice farms, if they were working at 150% each then you'd be all right.

Very nice layout btw, much neater then anything I do, I really should try planning things like that, although I've done all right so far with my haphazard approach, :D

Toka likes this.
  16. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Ah, oops!

Thanks for the shove in the correct direction folks :)

I do tend to get into the habit of trying to layout the warehouses to minimise any overlap, I've been forgetting about the rather important vehicle pick up function (eejit!)

I shamelessly plagiarised the layout from Gunsmith's awesomes youtube guide (thanks for those fella - they really are good)

Happy dance.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the beginners guide is bloody awful, watch the IGNA series to see how i work now.

18. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Shameless plug there Gunsmith? :D Your videos are great though, they got me into Anno 2070 in the first place. We need more moments like taking down the helicopter in Crysis with an explosive barrel!

19. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Same here. I wish Ubi would announce a new one though. I know 2070 too well now, there's nothing left to discover, fiddle, or fine-tune any more.

Having said that, seeing the screenshots and talking about it, has got my itch going again. Better go scratch it this evening... :p

Isn't one of the Global Events running at the moment?

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

So, bit of an old bump, but what the hey.

Anyone run this with SLI? Mine doesn't seem to want to play ball, runs for a while, then either goes back to desktop with anno still running but unresponsive/un-maximisable, or freezes the entire system up requiring a hard reset.