1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 7790 vs 7850?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gunnzie, 30 Jul 2013.

1. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

MSI - Holland base but decent enough RMA.
    Gigabyte - UK based RMA.
    KFA2 (formerly BFG) - UK (Wales) based RMA.
    XFX - no RMA, terrible customer relations.
    Asus - Czech Republic RMA. They want £20 or so to cover postage fees.
    Powercolor/VTX - see XFX. Dire.
    EVGA - German based RMA but good from what I hear.
    Palit/Gainward/etc - same as the others. Force you to the retailer who can then mess you around forever.

So I would only buy MSI EVGA and KFA2 personally. I did take a punt with Palit and touch wood they've been good so far but I absolutely dread RMA with Scan after a year.

2. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

+1

Its easily better card in real world benchies and other benchies. Its a better investment considering its only a few quid more, if your willing to do so.

Just make sure when you do send your current card back, you send it in its original box with ALL the stuff inside, as companies will moan/refuse if not 're-saleable' condition.

3. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

Out of the 4 things Ive ever RMA'd scan have been 100% and even paid to get someone to collect and drop off new card within 5days for broken parts or refunded within 14 days.

:)

4. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

To be completely honest, I am no longer looking for a gpu but thanks for everyone's input. Unfortunately I have decided that I can't get on with PC gaming and will go back to consoles. I am not trying to troll here - I'm not that kind of person who cares who likes what and why. We are all different and I miss the stress free consoles.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Palit isn't that bad. Zotac has epically good service and PNY are awful too. Asus is just ridiculous for what they sell. HIS and Sapphire are missing. They're ok. Not excellent but ok.

6. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

Will keep Zotac in mind in futurr