1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam DotA 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Loafers, 15 Aug 2011.

1. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Oh man you were at TI3 as well? We should have got a beer!

2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Been trying to master Storm Spirit lately, and failing miserably.

Of course, one of my biggest problem is panic clicking - Jumping in, attacking and accidentally selecting the enemy hero, then spending the 0.25 seconds before I die wondering why he isn't responding.

Once I get over my inherent derp, any one have any good builds for him?

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

a lot of people go early bottle, boots, orchid, scyth, than w.e you need to survive / be tanky / do more damage. He has some unreal pick-off potential, especially if he's with someone else.

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Tried a few different builds, including the one above. He just doesn't seem to do enough damage when engaging another hero 1 on 1. Even after throwing everything he has at them I usually have to jump away or just get counter-ganked.

5. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

I take that as a no.

Anyone realised how little sense chronosphere makes?

6. mansueto

Chronosphere, faceless voids ult? I haven't actually read the description but the only person who can move in chronosphere is faceless void. If a rubick were to steal and use it, only void could walk in it, unless that has been patched recently. Obviously, you can't BKB once in it, or BKB and run into it either. It also stops towers if they are INSIDE of the sphere, but people can happily attack from outside, and certain ults such as death prophets persist through the chronosphere.

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Didn't expect to be, but managed to borrow an unused badge for the last two days. Praise be to Gaben for hosting it close to home!

Fun fact, the well defense "tower" can be stopped as well if you place it back far enough to hit it.

8. mansueto

Last night me and 4 friends did captain mode and it was just sooo much better than all pick / single draft. I feel like because we did captains mode we assumed we were playing another pre-made 5 so for the most part we all played our part well / didn't play carelessly like we sometimes do. I also feel like the draft is much better entertainment wise with the banning and such. We first picked a KOTL and they selected PL assuming we were going to do KOTL + PL in a lane (which we didn't want anyways). Even better, because they tried to stop that, they weren't the best PL around, and KOTL just shut him down all early and mid game. With that first pick we pretty much were able to win every selection and in the end had a better draft. I feel like it is soo much better than playing the other game modes and moving on, my group of friends will continue to do this.

Edit: We also had a faceless void, a warlock, tide and puck. We didn't have the strongest push but we could pressure lanes decently with KOTL and any team fight we just facerolled, puck would initiate with silence and ult to lock people in place, followed by a tide ult, faceless ult, faceless melting people, me shooting horses at people, then to finish off we had the warlock chain and ults. It was pretty fricken awesome.

9. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

I'm bored of DOTA now.

10. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Sounds like you're doing it wrong I think. He's not the simplest Hero to realise his damage potential. Watch some casts or first person videos if you can just to ensure you are playing him properly.

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Has anyone played the new Ability Draft mode yet?

Popped on for a few matches of it last night, has the potential to be quite a bit of fun but also extremely frustrating.

Seen some ridiculous things. Take Aim works on melee heroes, and any activated orb effects like Searing Arrows use the original hero's range. Grow is ridiculous on pretty much any hero. The new OP Spin Web is also crazy, I decided to be a bit of a troll and paired it with Diabolic Edict. Mystic Flare sounded like a cool idea but you quickly realize that a high Int gain per level is needed! All in all it seems like people are still figuring out what works and what doesn't.

13. mansueto

I haven't tried the new random ability draft but I've seen some stupid combinations. One person had the prophet trees, enigmas Demonic Conversion, prophets teleport and tinkers reload. He then proceeded to buy a necro book and become a rat dota king.

I've become very frustrated playing as of late. I always play with the same group, and one of the regular members in particular just gets very frustrated when we try new things and fail, so essentially I get bored because I play the same few support who I'm comfortable with, and he just rages at us all when he does very well but the rest of us don't. I think I just need a break or just need to solo queue and mute people so I can try out some new champions.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I think everyone has "that guy" in their group. I've more or less decided to never play ranked and never play Captain's Mode. It gets too heated and tears at friendships, particularly when our team consists of people ranged from 3500 up to 4400.

That's why any mode that adds some randomness and takes away a bit of competitiveness is welcomed by me.

15. mansueto

We've tried random draft, single draft, etc. but as soon as 1 of us starts feeding skype quickly turns into "thats a feed, this team, etc. etc.". There's also a lot of side chats going on through steam at certain group members based on what they say. We have 1 friend who always randoms but isn't particularly good, we all know this and we don't mind, however it doesn't matter what said friend does, good or bad, there is another "friend" who just verbally berates him for absolutely no reason, all the time. There is a lot of unnecessary tension, especially when we decide to all play dota.

16. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

That new mode is so messed up. We had the weirdest combos and have fought against really OP ones. Had a guy that had bounty invis + RP, his team mate had Epicentre and invis as well and then Earth Splitter...So RP > Epicentre > Earth Splitter > Team wipe, rinse and repeat...It sucked...

17. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Anyone going to The International this year?

18. mansueto

I wish, I do want to go one year. Maybe if I get a job sometime soon I can go next year!

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Still on the fence. It's only an hour away from me but floor seating is just so expensive, and even general admission is $100 for what I'm told is poor seating.

The real question is: will there be enough goodies to sell and help cover the cost.

20. mansueto

The items from the international are in limited supply, and I know one of the couriers alone sold for something like $130, so if you get enough items, I'm sure you could turn a profit.