1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Splinter Cell Blacklist

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by happyhammer7, 24 Aug 2013.

1. happyhammer7

happyhammer7 What's a Dremel?

Looks like yet another shoddy games launch from Ubisoft on PC. I have tried absolutely everything to play this online, including forwarding the ports but to no success.

Has anyone else had this issue with this game on PC?

2. happyhammer7

happyhammer7 What's a Dremel?

Fixed it. Appears that the adapters VMware installs was causing some conflict. Disabled all other adapters and working perfectly. How this was causing this issue I will never know.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What's your feeling on the game? I'm constantly suffering from contextual problems trying to do things even remotely fast, and because there's only checkpoints one key-in contextual ****-up means trying it all again. It's been very frustrating so far.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I had that problem with Spec Ops: The Line.

The Super=button thing was really irritating.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea I had to give up on Spec Ops for the same reason.

I was clearing out a camp in SCBL and tried to remove myself from sticky-wall-crouch and ended up jumping onto a zipline back to the start. I was making up new swear words by that point.

6. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Takes a bit of getting used to but I like it so far, I always play panther style anyway. I'm pretty sure full on assault would be near impossible!

The upgrades part is interesting rather than having them all by default or per mission. You can taylor it to your type of game-play. Note you need to scroll down the gunlist to see the sniper rifles, which I hadn't realised

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have been playing this and I can see the consolification. Some things aren't clear but it is ok. Even though I prefer a first person camera.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Unlock the black market options, scroll down to silenced sniper rifle. Sam Fisher is now unstoppable :cooldude::cooldude: I use as many sticky shockers as I can get my hands on too.

Dom - SC has never been 1st person, always 3rd.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I know its 3rd not first but strange to me at the moment

10. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Yep, I'm using the silenced sniper now too, didnt bother with the upgraded optics but did go for armor piercing.

Has anyone opted for the cross bow yet? I'm thinking it could be interesting.
    Also does anyone know if the shockers/stun gun works on the heavy armor guys?

11. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

Anyone else having the co-op issues? "Cannot connect to lobby/game" type error. Seems to be all over the steam and Ubisoft forums...

As sad as it sounds, I booked yesterday off (I'd normally work bank holidays) just so me and a mate could do the co-op all day...our plans were blocked.

We had played the previous one through a few times over the last year - really enjoyed that.

With Blacklist, we spent ages trying to join each others games/lobbies... a real disappointment to a highly anticipated game.

12. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

This is what PC Gamer had to say lol.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nope they don't, only a knife to the throat does. Not sure about a super-high power rifle with AP bullets though: might go through the helmets.

14. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Nah, the sniper + AP just knocks the hat off (same as normal rounds) which is kinda pointless. Atleast as far as I've tried.

edit: atleast the sniper rifle I have

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's a BS oversight tbh :/ If you spend a ton to upgrade your rifle and specifically spec AP's over more 'handling' bullets, you should get that plus.

16. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Those heavy armored guys are a pain, I'm playing full ghost and they are completely invulnerable to both the stun gun and crossbow.

The only way to take them down seems to be with stealth from behind or an aerial/ledge takedown. Even 'Mark and Execute' only knocks their helmets off.

On another note, that tri-rotor/drone is awesome, makes it alot easier to take out guys on lookout over an area.

If anyone wants to play some co-op (and we can both connect) let me know.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The quick-save ******** is really pissing me off in the side missions. I do all the lasers, get all the things done, get seen going to extraction.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Take points off for every reload I use but DON'T WASTE MY ****ING TIME STARTING AGAIN

18. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

so played a bit more last night, some building siege with waves of guys. I managed to snipe the armor guys with my upgraded rifle - one shot one kill. The execute (mark and kill thing) also worked within a certain range, the closer guy was killed and the one further away just had his hat knocked off.

Flashbangs dont really seem to do alot? My next purchase is going to be a new pistol I think. I'm on the second one at the moment (V40?) then the cross bow

Can you kill people with the tri-rotor or only identify them?

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If you upgrade the tri-rotor you can explode it.

Which rifle do you have? EDIT: I'm using a fully tricked out VSS

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Aug 2013
  20. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Got it free with my 670 today...Looking forward to installing it! :D