1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Looking for a low profile audio/USB3/powerbutton assembly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NuTech, 31 Aug 2013.

1. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Been a while since I've done any modding, so I'm hoping you guys can help find a part.

I'm after the usual assembly you find on the front/top/sides of most PC cases, but ideally built to be as low profile as possible (obviously you have to plug stuff in to it, so it has to be deep to an extent) and without any extra crap or massive enclosure (unless it's removable and not glued in place).

The power button is only optional as it's easy to get one separately and install it close to the rest.

Cheers

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Would something like this be suitable? It does have a Firewire port though.

Edit: One without the Firewire port here, one that doesnt use a USB3 header here and another two here and here.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2013
  3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Those silverstone ones are probably the least bulky, though you may need to get more creative to mount them.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2013
  5. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Wow, you guys rock. For some reason it never occurred to me to look at replacement parts for other cases.

Think I'm going to try one of those Silverstone units, like Ivan said, there's very little bulk to them. However the Lian Li ones look so easy to mount...

Can I push my luck and ask for any ideas for a low profile power switch? I really like the DimasTech ones (anti-vandal style) with built in light, but the entire package is just so bulky. Something low profile, black anodised aluminium with a built in light would be just perfect.

6. faugusztin

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I was looking at those earlier. They're great but the description is confusing.

They seem to only be a switch (no built in light), but the product description says this:

"1 x 800mm light cable kit"

By that do they mean 'light' as in not heavy, or an actual built in LED?

8. faugusztin

That one is indeed confusing, i was thinking about this one as an ideal candidate : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-416-LL
    That one has separate leds unfortunately.

But to answer your question, i would point you to the description, where it says for which case it is intended as a replacement part, in case of the one you linked it is PC-A70F. So you should browse for pictures of PC-A70F and you will see that the LEDS are separate.

If you want smaller vandal switches, then you should search various electronics stores for various Vandal switches, they are made in very small diameters too, you should only limit your search to monetary switches (that is the type used in PC).
    Like http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3359.html - unfortunately there is not much you can do about the depth.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2013