1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Post your Cell Phone Modifications

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ZapWizard, 10 Jun 2003.

1. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

/me wishes i had a phone to mod.

anyhow, cool one with the screen Bard, when I first saw it I thought "Damn! Bard's phone has awesome graphics if it can render a gradient that well! And good resolution!"

2. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

This isn't really a mod, but can i get a phone not intended for US and use it over here? ie: if i get a gsm phone for Europe, can i make it work over in the States with the right sim card?

3. inder

inder Mr.Modtown

Nope... not unless it is triband and unlocked for use with any network provider

The US has its own band that GSM phones operate on, that is totally different to the two here in Europe :)

4. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

European phones use GSM 900 and 1800, and US phones use GSM 1900 (MHz). Some phones are tri-band, though, and can be used in both Europe and the US.

5. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

OK, I got a questiin for all you phone hacks. I got a 3210 which will not hold a network signal. Any easy fixes?

6. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

I had this with mine, the internal ariel wasn't attached properly inside as it had a small piece of plastic missing, I hot glued it down and it works perfectly.

7. bushd

bushd What's a Dremel?

To be able to use a U.S.A. phone anywhere else, one it must not be GSM; two it must be capable of going on the network type you are wanting to use. Then, say you take a sprint phone, you must get the MSL, master subsidary lock code. I know in the U.S.A. even if you have it, others won't let you use it.

8. Darkside

Darkside What's a Dremel?

I modded my Nokia 8210 to blooo leds, and it's very bright.

Also have Nokia 3210 modded to vibrate motor (bought on ebay for abot £2.00) used software to enable vibrate function.

3310 unlocked with Dejan Flasher, changed leds to purple, then sold it :lol:

Will put pic of 8210 up later (when I find it)

Darkside.

9. Devil_H@ck

Devil_H@ck What's a Dremel?

How hard is it exactly to solder other leds in a Nokia 3210?
    And what solder would be needed (fluid core, non fluid core, ...)?
    I've got a Weller SP20 (I think, to lazy to check, it's not the SP16, it's a bit larger), the tip is 2-3mm wide, would I be able to do it with that?

10. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

i have a P800 that i have totally de-oranged -- hacked the start-up logo-- is custom :) and i have taken off the orange logos and unlocked it myself :D

11. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Had my 8210 bloo LED modded. Was nice and bright.

It used to be bright enough to light up my whole room. In a club, it just used to light me up blue when switched on :)

12. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

Oh btw, anyone know how/where to get a Sony Ericsson T300 unlocked for as cheap as possible?

13. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

14. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

at what I paid for my V70, it's not getting messed with; as it stands it came with an inverted LCD and blue backlighting, so I can't complain about that.... though I really need to do something about my antenna, as I've bent two now.... :rolleyes:

15. Kevin

Kevin What's a Dremel?

my friend inverted his 8210 LCD and changed the LCD to white so it looks abit like the v70 display.

my 8855 comes with white LEDs by default so i don't need to mod them much

16. Spyder

Spyder What's a Dremel?

Yes I know what you mean on my V60c I destroy antennas left and right. I purchased a new short rounded off antenna but have not taken the time to put it on. From an engineering stand point I will probably loose some signal strength so not sure what is worse less signal or broken antennas, :wallbash: It will be nice to stop bending a breaking the stock ones! :D I will let you know how it works out.

17. Drastik

Drastik Minimodder

i have an ericson A1228 what can i do to it, such as making it vibrate, software mods or anything.

18. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

i just got my first cell today (yesterday now since its 6am eastern us time) its a motorolla :)

i hope to mod the leds, green just doesnt cut it

19. Devil_H@ck

Devil_H@ck What's a Dremel?

Personally I think green rox, but the standard green leds are always so dim :(.

20. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I' tryed to mod my 3210 and lost all the new bloo leds and dripped solder on one of the chips and supprisingly it never worked after that.....

To that end I have a spare 3210 vibration motor and data cable if you want to make me an offer ;)