1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress THE SAMURAI SACRILEGIUM

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 7 Jan 2013.

1. Concept73

Concept73 Wannabe modder.

the attention to detail is outstanding!

2. Concept73

Concept73 Wannabe modder.

/the attention to detail on this is just crazy! how many hours has this taken>! worth every second!

3. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

Thanks AvJaB, I really like dissolving in a theme and am always glad when somone likes it.
    Want to keep this one really true in the sense of the Samurai Philosophy. will do without as much modern touches as possible, all for the sake of taht organic wooden but still semi modern hardware look.
    more pics to come by the weekend.

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm looking forward to these pics in the weekend. I've watched this for a while and I was bummed you kept it on hiatus for so long.

I always thought you should colour or sleeve some of those cables, they look messy at the back and ruin your great work.

5. abbas-it

hi everyone, here are the resulkts of the last weeks of the SAMURAI SACRILEGIUM.
    the next post after this will be the final with painted and final pics.

@ Darkwisdom, the wires will be covered with the internal plate so wont be seen.

i finished the bocken holder for the rear here which is then screwed to the rear cd driver and panel part.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

seeing as i had to change the screen hardwrae because the first one didnt work anymore, i had to also change the plan for the battle fan, so i converted them into smd buttons for on off reset etc..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the rear cover is detachable by sliding it up and then letting it rest on the rear cd driv holder, this plate is internally meant to cover all the modern looking hardware and wires etc..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so now then it was time for the break down and then putty paint and polish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i actually used a dining table bamus stripps mat here and glued each and eveyr little twig in at the same distance to eachother, that was a bothersome task.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    before i started airbrushing the organic looking ink into the wood, i decided to give the monitor front frame samurai armoury look by dremeling grooves into it,
    [​IMG]

rear usb and audio ports

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

time for the printer ink stain

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after first staining every thing with the initial coat of mahagony reddish brown, mixed myself, then they were all sanded off, the sandd off areas will expose the airbrushed ink tones to give it that organic look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after the ink stain was dry and sanded fine, i glazed it all with clear coating to harden it and make it dust resistant, 4 or 5 coats.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the bokken, all in matt black is ready, including the figure head samurai skull usb flash drive
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come

6. abbas-it

final pics will be the next post where everyzthing is stuck together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

time to stick this baby back together and gett it wired up for the first tests.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i changed my initial plan of using sefl made leather imitates to using jute ropes. i waxed them a bit and them lit them up shortly with a lighter to singe off the hairy parts, that gave me a really nice brown leathery looking rope effect that loookm great and very nicely organic in contrast with the dark wooden armor plates.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this wheel in the battle fan is the knob cover of the servo that drives the top samurai camera cover helmet chin guard up and down.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

wow I didn't expect it would be this dark... but it looks really great! :clap:

8. abbas-it

hi jokkos, i must admit it looks darker on the fotos, it has many shades of reddish too depending on which side its lighted up from. wanted to achieve that organic leathery, wooden armor look for the samurai here. didnt want too much modernity on the front.
    here are the final pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    here are some examples of the colors set in this style that i tried to imitate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

final pictures look great; in the last few I can clearly see the richness of the colours... :clap::clap:

10. abbas-it

hi jokkos, yeah they were at the DCMM, unfortunately my camera is shidoes not make such great fotos. need a lot of light etc..

11. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Wow!!

I love the finished colour, especially with the red LED's. Servos on both the camera cover and keyboard had a nice movement speed. Back really looks great with the mask and illuminated sword cutouts. Really really nice build. Well done.

12. Azariel

Azariel Minimodder

Completely missed the end product! Looking great man! Hadnt expected that dark colour!

13. abbas-it

hi guys, i just saw that the pics were not working here either.
    here is the new link to some pics.
    by the way it won the Vice Champion Title at the DCMM in Cologne this year.

[​IMG]