1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet hates

Discussion in 'General' started by JADS, 15 Oct 2002.

1. Beatbox

Beatbox What's a Dremel?

• People who spout BS from every possible orafice all at once;
    • People who can't be bothered to walk 5 metres, and so park in the worst possible place, or take up 2 spaces or something;
    • Slow walkers;
    • People who ask me to fix their godamn PC;
    • MSN when it f3x0rs up;
    • Sprouts and cabbage - ugh ...
    :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

2. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Ah, Beatbox reminded me of one of the things that annoys me most in life, fixing people's goddamn computers EVERY DAY! When I was in my DoD clan, I remember I had to keep fixing this one guys computer it seemed like every week. And it was over the stupidest stuff too. Thankfully I can't remember any of it or else my brain would start hemorrhaging again in frustration.

Plus there's the two other computer and wireless network I have to maintain. I won't complain about that though, since my system would be a lot sadder (and beiger) if I had to pay for all of it.

3. delphia

delphia What's a Dremel?

the most annoying pc user in history

MY MOTHER!!!!

when she wants me to fix something the expects me to guide her through it , instead of fixing it myself, because "if it ever goes wrong again i can fix it"

:wallbash:

and she cant get the grasp of the simple concept that windows sucks donkey cock, and it an and will crash with no reason at all.... she expects me to be able to fix it....

im not a mcse, yet......

4. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

• People who leaving the tap running when brushing their teeth. Such a waste.
    • Bad speeling, punctuation and grammar on the web!!!!!???!!?!?!?!?!!?
    • Creased sheets. I just cannot sleep in a bed with creased sheets, I have to make my bed every evening (read; early morning).
    • Slow walkers. Especially the ones that walk 4 a-breast across the pavement, which has buildings on one side, and parked cars on the other, so you're just trapped.
    • Pikies knocking on my door trying to sell me a three piece suite, tarmac my garden path, mow my lawn, or help me save gorillas from extinction (this morning's, and the best yet!).

:grr:

5. Razors

Razors What's a Dremel?

I get irritated by incorrect grammar and poor english, and people who automatically look down on you and think you're stupid because you're younger than them. Drives me insane. Also...abbreviations such as : wot, u, ur, l8r, m8....the list goes on.

6. micb

micb Minimodder

Hwleux why did you dig up a thread from over 8 months ago? :eyebrow:

7. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Because I was going to post a Pet Hates thread, but I searched first and saw that one had been done before, so posted in it instead.
    Something more people should do - another pet hate.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

My pet hates:

1)pointless organisations squandering precious time and money on pointless things - like PETA for example
    2)the "coconut" bits in Bounty choc bars - they make me choke
    3)intolerance from other people towards something that is different
    4)children under the ages of five - yes, i know i was one once
    5)new years resolutions, almost as pointless as a chocolate teapot
    6)people who throw the "love" word around to get into bed with them
    7) (a further continuation of #6) - the dilution of language, nothing is good enough to express emotions any more, because words like "s**t" are used every day in general use
    8)A lack of logical thinking in the personality of a person...

9. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Here are mine, i'm not gonna number them , as I hate them all equally (i'm so nice :lol: )

• Old people that have to go to the backery, grocery or whatever , around noon, when I have to get my lunch, since I only have 1 hour lunch break , while they have all ******* day
    • Gabbers, (dutch word).. there ... uhm , racists , and dress all the same ... listen to hardcore (not the punk kind, but the stupid kind) ... dress stupid... talk stupid... are stupid
    • beach boys (not the band...)
    • Johnny's, with there cheap ass stupid cars, with lots of car-crap on it....
    • People with a car, without a brain
    • People who think there a policeofficer and think its there job to point out to you what ur doing wrong (mostly elderly people)
    • Teachers that think there always right
    • Anybody that thinks there always right
    • People who like to fight and beat up innocent people who didnt do anything to them
    • people who try to sell drugs to you
    • backstabbers
    • Drivers who dont use there indicators , and then honk or put up their fist when u dont watch out when suddenly they drive up in front of you, without any warning ..
    • Young people with cars that dont respect the basic driving rules... or speed !

thats all I cant think off right now... but there alot more !

Edit:: fixed the indicator thingy

Last edited: 16 Jun 2003
  10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

They're actually called indicators (to show or indicate which direction you plan to go in) :)

11. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

I was thinking a while ago of starting this kind of thread too. But it seems all of my pet hates have been covered really.

• Un-intelligent people - people who ask before they think, can't find out anything for themselves and answer dunno to any kind of question you ask them (thinking kind of troubleshooting over MSN, :grr:)
    • People with cars more powerful than their brains
    • People who walk slow (why do they do it? People speed on the road but can't move their fat arses on the pavement)
    • People who don't say what they mean and ask ambiguous questions. Also people (ie parents) who are reluctant to directly say 'I don't know' when you ask them a question.

12. K

K 528491

Homework.
    NVQ stuff.
    The Starting Line.
    The Distillers.
    Tattoo aftercare.
    SARS.
    My hair.
    Constant nagging.
    ntl.

13. micb

micb Minimodder

Indeed,

A pet (well more like major) hate is people who litter/throw stuff out of cars, last thing this planet needs is more rubbish hanging about, it is not that hard to use a bin.

14. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

Just to point something out, trash and litter origionally came from nature.

• Newbs who are unwilling to lose (they quit if they loose)
    • Persons that try to 'hook ya up' with their whore/friend. (actually happened)
    • People who say that you should get into stocks because you can use a computer.
    • Old folks who need help with computers (the show me how thing so I can)

15. Mhiran

Mhiran What's a Dremel?

Me too! With three sisters my life is normally hell!

16. Amanda

Amanda What's a Dremel?

1. The sound of the metal part of the eraser to a pencil scraping against paper.
    2. The sound of metal dragging.
    3. The sound of say something being dragged on pavement but having a rock drag under it and scraping the pavement.
    4. When people do U-Turns in the middle of the damn road.
    5. When women wear clothes (if that's what you call them) that show everything.
    6. Thong underwear.
    7. Conceitedness.
    8. Spam mail.
    9. Dry skin.
    10. Dirty windows.
    11. Dirty toilets
    12. When guys miss the toilet.
    13. When someone doesn't take their dishes to the kitchen sink and rinse them out.
    14. When people don't understand what you're saying and ask "What?" about a billion times.
    15. When I don't understand what people are saying and I ask "What?" about a billion times.
    16. When I see couples in public just friggin' basically having s3x (because I can't do it).
    17. Most other women, they're so damn annoying.
    18. Girl talk.
    19. Smokers and alcoholics.
    20. When people make threads about pet peeves. (JK JK JK)

-------------

hehe I have more, but can't think of all of them.

17. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Shockin'!
    Glad my girlfriend doesn't share that view :hip: ;)

I'd have to agree with the rest of those though.

18. TrioMaxwell

TrioMaxwell What's a Dremel?

ok, here's my list...

boyfriends who won't just do what the hell I want them to do. (so it that men in general??)

my mother. If you want clarification, ask Digi, who would honestly like to kill my mother. Slowly. :D

people who think anime is "fake cartoons" or "not as good as NA cartoons"

my bird waking me up at some un-godly early hour by twanging on her cage. (officially voted THE most annoying sound in the world, even more annoying than my mother's voice)

my bird not wanting to go back in her cage when I let her out. (hey, you said this was a PET peeves thread)

umm... life in general most days, but not work, cuz I have the best job in the world.

Oh yeah. and my biggest pet peeve is when my mother in law puts a tub of ice cream in the freezer with a note that says "Do Not Touch" on it, when i've been jonesing for ice cream for 3 days and pay day's next week, so I can't buy anything. trust me, it's hell.

I think that's it. There's more, but ... it's early. Go away

19. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

Most of mine have been covered, but...
    stupid people:
    I'll elaborate on 'stupid people'. I can accept those who have reached their limits and accept them. But I hate those who will not better themselves, and expect the world to spoon feed them.
    People who refuse to learn about the friggin computer they bought!!! "Now, drag and drop that icon to that one." "Drag and drop?! Stop being so technical, I don't know how to do that!"
    cars and drivers:
    I can't stand kids who get their license then decide to speed everywhere while passing people in the wrong lane, on the shoulder, through a turn lane, ect. Basically they break every law of the road, and think this proves they know what they are doing. Live in the US and want to race, then join the SCCA.
    The ideas about cars are just silly. Making the car look like a race car does not make it drive like one, and I will beat your civic and its stock engine with my stock minivan :)
    I can't stand people who *think* they know about cars. You simply cannot throw a turbo on anything, it takes a lot of work and consideration to properly add a forced air induction system to an engine. I have every respect for those who know how to do it right.
    I hate the majority of SUV owners here in the US. Most have them to appear tough, to show off how 'rich' they are, ect. The SUV no longer resembles what it was originally designed as. (think about the original Jeep) Makers have done even worse with SUVs poor gas mileage. They are driving gasoline prices to new highs.
    Cell phones:
    People who seem to have only enough CPU power for the cell phone, and nothing else. They ignore everyone else around them. You are hurtling a 3+ ton vehicle down the road at 80 miles an hour and you can't even be bothered to stay in your own lane because your friend is on the phone telling you about the stupid trick his pet does?! It makes me want a tank, not for the gun, but for the armor.
    Then there are those who shout and make the absurd gestures in public. Its a friggin phone! They other person can't see you! We don't care about your conversation, and if you hit me with those flailing arms one more time.......
    Online gamming:
    It was once fun. Now it has been invaded by children with no self esteem and put their own victory above all else. The irony is that their actions including cheating could kill it before it ever really hits the big time
    The elderly:
    So, the world was really so much better at the turn of the century huh? The inadequacy of medical care, the lack of medical knowledge, the factories belching pollution into the sky, employees who might as well have been owned by the company that employed them, ect. The great irony is that is al the change and education that is keeping them alive to tell us all how awful the world has become.
    fan boys:
    I really hated hearing how much better the PS2 was supposed to be than a PC when it was released. Fortunately, a little 3dmark2000 ended those pretty quick. European cars VS American cars vs Japanese cars, ATI vs nVidia, ect. Its just dumb to borrow your values from some place else, se them in concrete, and wear them on your sleeve. The world won't end because the Radeon beat the geForce, and it won't end because the situation reversed.
    mindless teens:
    Music is not a religion, stop singing that song like its a bible verse. That song was not written for you, it was written to make money, and chances are that the singer didn't even write that song. It was probably some overweight, middle aged, hairy man or middle aged, chain smoking, bleached blonde, wrinkly woman who wrote that song.
    People who hide behind Jesus:
    People who think they can act like jerks then justify it by saying that they are good Christians. They go about preaching how good Jesus is, how right they are, and how everyone else is condemned.

For those who have pet peeves about spelling and grammar, I tried to catch as many as I could. The problem is in how I was taught them both. My school attempted to teach reading and spelling through pure phonetics at an early age. The phonetics were of the Midwestern American variety, and it has taken time to fix. Even so, I still make mistakes. Then there are the fingers that don't do what I tell them :)
    As for grammar, maybe if I ever had a teacher who understood English himself/herself, I might do better. I don't take to 'it should feel right' very well. Give me logic over feeling any day.

20. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Didn't read the whole thing.... but u have problems ! :rolleyes: