1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Godus

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dolphie, 22 Nov 2012.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Came by expecting to post much the same thing, but now you've already said it! Who's going to spend their hard earned money making a game that no one wants to buy? Kickstarter is a proven way of gauging the market's response to a potential product while also securing either early funding or complete funding. It's no surprise that Molyneaux, as a businessman, wants to try using it. It's the logical choice regardless of what kind of funds or staffing you already have.

Regarding the relatively low cost, it's just my own opinion but if it succeeds I wouldn't be surprised if some extra funding was used. Having a successful Kickstarter project is a huge assurance to potential investors as it's proof that people want the game. It's entirely possible that Molyneaux will personally provide some funding if the turnout from the Kickstarter project makes it seem that there's enough demand to make the money back on release.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Well, Godus made it's £450,000 target last night and although there are still 32 hours to go, it looks like it will get funded.

It's been interesting watching the updates as they have proceeded through this KS campaign and although I was initially a little suspicious given PM's reputation for over promising I have been impressed with his enthusiasm and passion for this project.

I am quite looking forward to seeing what he does with it and it will be fun watching the the whole thing unfold.

3. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Has anyone picked this up yet and had a play?

Could they shed some light onto how it plays?..

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I haven't, but I've watched some videos on youtube (which you should as well).

Looks pretty average so far actually, apparently it's only 40% complete-ish, so there's still hope.

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Cheers George, I'll take a look at the video during lunch :)

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I have been enjoying it a lot. You are restricted in what you can do at the moment, but I think it is going to turn out to be good.

It is getting a lot of hate on the Steam forums, but then again, everything does!

7. Malketh

Malketh What's a Dremel?

So from my understanding it's still an early beta. That being said, it's a curious and rather attractive looking Populous, you've got your folks, you've got some land, go forth and conquer and find buried treasures.

What surprised me the most though was the potential multi-player aspect of the game. I found a Temple that my folks rebuilt and the next thing I knew I was supposedly fighting another person. That gameplay is much like the rest of the game only at a much FASTER pace. You pop into area and you have no idea what's going on (at least I didn't). I thought to myself "Battle?? What could I possibly battle with? Oh wait...." and proceeded to out breed my opponent.

It's fun, it's got potential, and after all that damn Peter is bound to make another good game at some point, right?

8. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Fingers crossed..

I'll pick it up at the end of the week.

How is the God aspect looking though, can the main person change a lot?

9. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I've got Beta access, but I haven't bothered to try it out yet, might wait until it is slightly more developed.

I do however have a spare beta code if anyone wants it?

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I quite enjoyed it, minus the ridiculous amounts of clicking required - I'm assuming this game play mechanic will be modified. My query so far is simply about replay, as I'm not convinced it has any due to the way you're forced in to playing the game (ie: build houses on every square inch of space, eventually get the population to expand your play area, repeat).

11. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I would be interested in trying it out kind sir.

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I think that because the beta area is restricted it forces you into playing it this way - I suspect once we have access to the full world, things will not be so cramped.

With regard to the clicking - I don't mind it at all! Also as you build more there seems to be less clicking involved as you are doing less sculpting.

I like the idea of everybody being in the same world and eventually 'meeting up' - that will be interesting!