1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other A tale of woe. Follow it here!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlienwareAndy, 20 Sep 2013.

1. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

lmao :D

Yeah, that's pretty much Asperger Syndrome right there dude. The problems you speak of come from compulsion. It's like tunnel vision. You are set a task and instead of reading a manual or listening the first thing the autistic brain does is figure out how to do it your way. Once that happens? anything else is change, to which you will freak out if you have to change.

Have you see Rainman? if so then just watch his reaction when he's taken to the airport. That's basically what happens to an Aspie if they are told something is going to change. Or, for example, if you moved something around without telling them.

Many Aspies make great scientists. Einstein was one. However, Aspies have to do things the hard way. Instead of following logic sometimes they just go off tangent, yet, end up with the same set of results.

This is why I said that AMD did things in a very Aspie fashion. Instead of designing a CPU around the software that was out there already, and concentrating on beefing up single core performance they instead ignored that and put out a 8 core processor that had absolutely NO software support whatsoever. They then tried to sell that CPU.

They did it before with the 64 bit CPU. It took years for it to finally work as it should have.

2. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

I think you need to take the advice of the guy with the white rabbit m8 and unplug before you explode.
    My advice, get a bike and seem some scenery FFS.

3. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

They are totally annoying ***** if you have to work and manage one though, completely ****ing mental.
    This guy just kept cleaning everything, drove everyone nuts and would argue with simple requests because his 'wrong' way was always right.
    Aspies are the most annoying pricks on the planet.
    Stressed me right out.

4. AlienwareAndy

Don't sweat it, you neurotypicals are pricks to us :hehe:

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

:jawdrop:

6. macroman

macroman The One

Are you sure you want to continue with this tirade of posts against asperger sufferers? Think carefully. :nono:

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

WOW :jawdrop:

8. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

And your excuse for lack of diplomacy, particularly, is what exactly? :eyebrow:

9. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Well you are a nice person aren't you.

10. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

My thoughts too. Comes across as superior and judge-mental and seems like the company he works for isn't very nice either.

11. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Oh dear a case of I think :nono:
    vvv

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Sep 2013
  12. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

13. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Wow. I opened up this thread to (excitedly) see how Andy's new mobo was. I didn't expect this - I'm a bit very shocked!

14. AlienwareAndy

Don't worry about it. I spend my life being treated like that. I guess I've just become immune to it. Thankfully I have issues with context so I thought he was joking.

Good news ! (sort of).

I was woken up this morning by Parcelfarce. They were here to collect the motherboard, dodgy cable and CPU. No notice of course and I have terrible insomnia that I use pills for (so I don't get up at the same time any days) so it was a bit of a shock :D

But today was a good day :) I got two notifications from Amazon. Firstly the motherboard and CPU have finally shipped (it's taken a week) and so has the Bitfenix Colossus I was worried about (I found it for £60 and wondered if it was a mistake or something).

So I'm nearly there. Just short of a PSU ! Mind you I don't mind going without for a while. It'll just make playing through Metro : Last Light again much sweeter :D

15. jinq-sea

I hate an unexpected courier arrival - it is so annoying!

Good news that the parts are en route though - exciting times. Have you gone for the same CPU again?

16. AlienwareAndy

Yeah. There's no point getting the 8350 unless you're pushing for the big 5-0. I hope to get 4.5 out of at least one of the CPUs (I will hopefully have two to choose from when 'the company' test the other one). I didn't want to slap what could be a faulty CPU into a ROG board as I've seen a dead CPU take a board out in the past.

I mean don't get me wrong it's nice to have the ROG board but tbh I was totally happy with my rig before. I wouldn't have bought fancy cable extensions otherwise. It just ripped everything to bits.

It will be nice having a proper interior to work with though without having to paint/cover anything. I've got quite a few fans lying around too so I should have enough to get it cooling well :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jinq-sea

Yeah that's one or two fans ;)

Will there be some sort of epic case mod including the Yankee Candle?

18. AlienwareAndy

Now there's an idea...

That's actually my candle :D I have a really strong sense of smell so I do like my Yankees :D I'm not sure if I will be doing any modding yet. I think I'm best leaving that alone. Thankfully though I can just fit all my stuff into the new case and it'll look nice. More like a Lego set :D

I do want to make a few plexi covers though for the SLI bridges and the back of the HDDs.

19. jinq-sea

I find some of them a bit sickly with my also very sensitive nose, but in general they're good - I do like a good smell!

I hope you're able to source a PSU soon - it'll be good to see how you get on with the RoG board :D

20. AlienwareAndy

Thanks dude !

I tend to stick with the fruit scented candles. Passion fruit is lovely :)

They do an Ocean Breeze candle too which is soooo nice. Great thing about scented candles is that the dust in your house becomes scented, so when you clean your PC the dust bunnies smell awesome :D

Yeah I can't wait to get a PSU. I've had the offer of a mini sponsorship so that was awesome. With any luck that will come to be. Otherwise I will need to save up for one which could take a while, but yeah, the CHV should be quite the animal when it comes to overclocks :D