1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I wasn't liking the camping gameplay, now I've learn't to use the XM-25.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Frame rate stuff:

Turning off MSAA, post AA, motion blur and Occlusion off improves FPS enormously, it's improved consistency too. Running everything else on high or ultra with a 7850 and getting good fps.

Moar sniping:

The RFB is Godlike, more reliable than the stock sniper rifle in every way except extreme ranges. Compared to BF3 you can't spam fire and hope to hit anything, but controlled fire nets plenty of kills. Canted iron sights are more useful than I expected.

Counter Knifing:

This is crap. The way the mechanic works even if the other guy has his back to you on your screen, as long as the game feels the other guy stand a chance all he has to do is press F once in the extra long prompt.

I've had it go for and against me and it's dull both ways, it should work like chainsaw duels in Gear of War, fastest button masher lives. As it is it's effectively a free kill and completely unsatisfying to pull off.

3. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

constant instakills problems seeing the enemy and the fact you get nowhere unless you are in a squad playing as a squad

no more Rambo like in BF3

then the other issues like lag and stuff.

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Get the ammo box unlocked. It's a great combo.

5. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Do you view that as good or bad?

6. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

for me its bad I don't like having to be attached to 4 other players when gaming

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Also, because if he wanted to have a thumb stuck up his arse, he'd go dogging.

sniperdude likes this.
  8. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

REP + :D

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Righto

Windows 8+BF4+GTX670=smoothasbutter

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

If you press O and P at the same time the command console drops down. Can anyone verify that one for me?

11. fix-the-spade

Nope.

When I pressed O and P together I suddenly got a M16A3 and a heavy barrel...

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Hmm, I'm a lefty so I remap the keys so as OKL; is my WASD I base every other key around that then. Its probably something to do with it.

13. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Quick question, for the single player modes on BF games does the story continue from the last game or can i just jump straight in with 4, if theres a story arc between games i like to start from the earliest one possible

14. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Anyone else unable to access the BF4 battle log? I just keep getting redirected to the pre order page

EDIT: We are preparing for the Open Battlefield 4 Beta. Until the Beta is live, you will not be able to access the Battlefield 4 section of Battlelog.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2013
  15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Strictly speaking Bad Company was the first single player campaign within the Battlefield series.

Battlefield 4 takes place several years after Battlefield. I am not sure on the link between the two. I haven't finished Battlefield 3 single player to be honest.

16. fix-the-spade

Well.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat has a plot all unto itself that Call of Duty 4 would go on to make an awfully similar game out of two years later (even down to a racing the missiles final level).

Bad Company 1 and Bad Company 2 have plots that are separate. They share characters but 2 kicks off and pretends 1 never happened.

Battlefield 3 is a straight up rip of Call of Duty 4, which in turn is a rip of Modern Combat, so it's riffing off itself all the time. The plot is also separate to all the previous BF games.

Battlefield 4 has an entirely new cast of characters and probably has as much (dis)continuity as all the previous games have had.

Don't worry about losing the plot, Dice lost it in 2005!

17. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Cool, thx fix-the-spade. I've just got battlefield 3, I'll give that a whirl tonight and see what it's all about. I suspect I'll enjoy it enough to get bf 4

18. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

1942 had a single player campaign. sure it was the multiplayer maps, but there were various setups for them, some had two or three versions to represent different parts of the battle, but it had AI. The story was totally ripped off the second of the early 20th century global kerfuffles though.

Dom, stop making me consider getting windows 8. i know i will eventually, i just can't be bothered right now (maybe in two weeks when i get paid and grabbing an extra SSD to do a clean install will seem like a better prospect).

19. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I wouldn't play any of them BF series for story line lol, it's not a strong point for the series, although BFBC2 had a fun single player.

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Had a few rounds of conquest large. My god do the tanks go down fast against inf if you aren't careful. I suppose the same can be said for the bf3 tanks with no reactive, but the difference is that here you don't hear any DANGER sound when you get to a dangerously low health level. Also, the health regen on the mbt's seems to be much slower compared to bf3. For some reason, it has the assault class as the main kit, so when you go to spawn in, say you pick engineer, and you die, the next time you go to spawn, you have to remember to pick the engi class again, or you get spawned as assault.