1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Kranston

Kranston What's a Dremel?

Hell Drivers - 1957 British film starring Stanley Baker as a newly released ex-con. who goes to work as a gravel truck driver for an extremely dodgy ballast haulage company. A superb supporting cast (including Patrick McGoohan, William Hartnell, Herbert Lom, Sean Connery, Sid James, Gordon Jackson, David McCallum, and Jill ireland). It's an old favourite of mine that I've re-watched many times.

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Have you seen 3.0 yet? You Can (not) Redo.

The independent (aka council-run) cinema has 1&2 showing just before the Leeds International Film Festival, then 3.0 showing on 17 November and it's on my list of "might see" films.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i was amazed at just how different 3.0 was to the others, am seriously looking forward to seeing just how batshit insane 4.0 is.

4. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Evangelion (The Original) give you a kitten to love and later SMASH it on a wall before pissing over its corpse and burning the place with gas while the little kitten still breathing. I don't think Hideaki Anno was really out of his depression when he did that.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

lost his wife iirc

6. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Can you believe they originally diffused NGE in the kids TV timeslot ? :-/ Someone was out of his mind loll If I remember well, the ending was somekind of vendetta against the Otaku community that he despised, well that's only a rumor. Now that we are talking about it, I guess I have no choice but to watch the new movies lolll There is no risk for me to be mad since I already know what to expect.

7. Kranston

Just watched Green Street Hooligans. Not bad flick about a gang of West Ham United football thugs, with Elijah 'Frodo' Wood as an American university dropout tagging along for the kicks.

8. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I loved this film. You should try 'The Firm' if you're up for more football hooliganism films.

9. Kranston

Yeah, I'll give that a go sometime. Haven't really seen many footie films before. 'Goal!' was alright in a family entertainment kind of way. 'When Saturday Comes' was hilarious for the wrong reasons (I must re-watch it! I've only seen it once, at the cinema).

10. sp4nky

If I weren't a Newcastle fan and if I hadn't heard about the manner in which they'd got the on-screen footage, I don't think I'd have enjoyed it so much. However, for me...

9/10

11. sp4nky

Try "I.D." if you can find it. It turns the football hooligan films on their head. Director: Philip Davis; stars: Reece Dinsdale; Warren Clarke.

It's the "best" film of its ilk, if you ask me. Also, read "Service Crew" - the story of Leeds United's hooligans. Very emotive, very close to the truth.

12. stonedsurd

Seen both. For some reason, I was really into football hooliganism movies a while ago. :p

13. Xir

Xir Modder

The Million Eyes of Su-Muru 5/10

From the series, the worst movies ever made.
    Tbh. I did enjoy watching it. It's a bad '60's spy/villain flick, that is really so bad it's good again.

14. defined

defined Botch-Job

You must watch football factory its one of the best

15. Kranston

Righto, I'll give that a go, too (eventually!).

I just re-watched Halloween (1978), for the first time in many years. I didn't think it was anything special, really. I've probably seen too many other similar films in the intervening years for it to give me any kind of a buzz. Always good to see Donald Pleasance, though. He always gave good value for money, whatever rubbish he was in.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea I couldn't stand the characters. Was waiting for someone to put a fist through whingy shingy's mouth. Are the movies any more amenable?

Monsters U: Entertaining/10

It's like a Pixar movie on fast forward: everything is a montage. Entertaining but too cliche and way, waaaaay too forced material.

The Lone Ranger: Yawn/10

2.5 hours? **** off. I switched it off after 90 minutes AND I had skipped some. Not one laugh or smile throughout.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

childs play 8/10

god its as good as i remember!

18. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Gravity - 9/10

Fantastic movie. The ending left me a bit wanting, but mainly because I didn't want it to end :)

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Everyone is telling me Gravity is a cinema movie. Someone even said I had to do... 3D :eeek:

20. stonedsurd

A friend of mine said IMAX or bust.

Apparently they've shut down the IMAX in Delhi, so... :worried: