1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other ASUS MAXIMUS GENE 1155 Mini comp for good deeds :)

Discussion in 'General' started by skunkmunkey, 15 Oct 2013.

1. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

Ok...

So I have an Asus Maximus Gene 1155 which I was kindly sponsored with by ASUS. It was due to go in my now defunct modding project however I feel that it should go to a deserving home given that it was supposed to be used for a project.

So, if anyone fancies it completely free (its brand new and il pay postage) all I ask is for you to do good deed for someone, anyone and post about it here. 2 weeks to complete your mission, a random entry will be picked by my 5 year old son :)

Seems like there are far too many selfish people about nowadays and I would like to try and help rectify this in any way I can.

Hopefully i'm not breaking any rules as I have lots of other bits I would like to donate too if this is a success. Anyone else willing to donate to the cause please feel free to add in your items to this post.

suragh, Kovoet and TheGreatSatan like this.
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

TGS gives **** away all the time so you're not breaking any rules.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

OI I WANT THAT BACK!

Just pullin ya leg, have fun ;)

:D

4. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

haha, I do have another mod in planning phase, using an Asus Maximus impact, Asus will get their advertising, don't worry :) Recdently started a new job for a construction company and am currently learning autocad 2014. Expect some cool renders shortly.

Provided this comp goes well, the next give away will most likely be my Creek OBH-11 headphone amp followed by my little used Sennheiser HD-650s, other stuff to follow will be various SSDs, memory, 1tb hdds, DS lite, watercooling equipment (mostly unused too) and once my new work phone comes an iphone 4s 32gb.

Hope that piques some interest :)

My theory is that a normal competition is an advertising exercise and only benefits the sponsor and the winner, this way lots of people reap the benefits. It can be something as simple as doing the dishes or hoovering for you nan or as hard as doing charity run

5. [<x>] Kiyusoma

[<x>] Kiyusoma Deus Ex Machina

Ooo I was just saying I need a 1155 motherboard. Now lets go find grannies that need help crossing the highway!

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Pick me! I went out for lunch and gave the waitress a very good tip today, held the door open for other guests who were leaving after myself and my group of friends. Volunteered to do some house chores for my brother as his friends needed help at their bakery (vacuuming, mopping the floors, folding some laundry).

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i spotted a woman in my rear view who hadn't secured her cars bonnet properly, followed her for a mile before flagging her down and securing it properly.

dumb broad

8. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

I have just washed and dried every dish, pan and item of cutlery in my university house (12 people), that may not seem like a lot but I don't think anything has been washed in over a week! :eeek:

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

In a couple of hours I will be heading to my grandads to remove his old clothes dryer and fit a brand new one for him.

Doing so I help my dad and mom. My dad being at work. My mom not being able to do it on her own.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I pay for advertising to provide Namibians with jobs for free. Every day.
    Put it into perspective:
    (link in my sig - no need to double-link) Pin-Up Jobs was started 2 years ago for the purpose of making money. Since then, the business model has changed somewhat.
    I have, in the last 2 years made 1500,- MAYBE from the banner ads (that's NAD).
    Hosting alone costs me 3500,- a year, all the development, meetings, etc cost me my time.
    On a good day, around 200 Namibians apply for jobs through the site, and I am getting more and more reports of applicants getting better, response rates being through the roof, and people that apply actually getting hired.
    I am talking to various mobile vendors about setting up SMS notifications for jobs, and am working on a solution to build CVs for people who don't know how to - also for free.

Why am I doing this? Because I love this country. Because this country has an unemployment rate of >50%, and because it makes me feel proud to be giving back to the community.

11. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

Reading this thread so far actually makes me feel much better about the world we live in :) Keep em coming.

12. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've actually got a couple of things to slot in here, I'll save this post for later :)

EDIT:

So. Here are my good deeds!

a) On a recent holiday in Italy, we were at the Vatican, arguably the most Christian place in the world. An elderly lady was seemingly struggling, on her own, with a large cut on her arm. Serious bleeding, not good. On waiting to see if a friend would come over (and then trying to decide whether she spoke English), the OH and I, between us, cleaned and dressed the wound, calmed her down and arranged for her to visit a hospital. We're both atheists.

What shocked me is that 'love thy neighbour' didn't seem to exist - no-one else seemed to care. It turned out that an over-zealous airport security person tried to force her to remove a bangle that wouldn't come off. It made a right old mess of her arm.

I did worry about her, a lot, but didn't take her details. We found her friend though, and were assured that she'd be taken care of.

b) I lent a CPU to Cei to troubleshoot his rig, because I'm nice and like helping others.

c) I also, on my commute to work a couple of weeks ago, was asked for directions to somewhere in the City. I didn't just give the directions, I walked the couple to their destination, then went about my day.

Last edited: 28 Oct 2013
  13. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

14. fev

fev Industry Fallout

I've just donated my Xbox 360 games collection to the local Cancer Research UK shop, I also took the time to find the 2nd hand value @ GAME so that they knew what they were pricing up rather than some unscrupulous people getting too much of a bargain!

Bring on the Xbox One!

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Helped a neighbour in setting up a Language school after She [and the rest of the dept she headed] were unceremoniously 'let go' by the University they worked for... Helped them source PC gubbinz and help get the gubbinz they had [the stuff that hadn't been stolen by her former colleagues] up and working...

May not have been a massive contribution but it saved a fair chunk of time and money for them...

16. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

i donated both kidneys, my liver, my heart, all my blood and both eyes to those in need the other day

:worried:

seriously though, thanks for doing the giveaway!

17. fev

fev Industry Fallout

winner, winner, chicken dinner

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I saved this badger :)
    [​IMG]

19. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

I have a weird obsession with Badgers lol...just love the word "Badger". Can be used in place of so many verbs...

for example:

"Just been to the shops and had a good badger at the stuff on sale"

"just been to the gym and gave my biceps a thorough badgering"

Seriously though, great response so far :) For those that believe in Karma, I'm sure many good things will happen to you all.

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

The female badger is making a good recovery now but wont re released for a good month yet.
    Shes at Vale Wildlife Hospital.
    Has an infected back pur, blood poisoning and infected bite wounds... she was on her last legs bless her!