1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yup, this. I look forward to my trip home, even though it's on public transport. Takes me about an hour including the mile walk across town first. Stick my earphones in and take the time to wind down.

2. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

An increasingly out of control dependency on alcohol, a lack of motivation at work, women problems, family problems and now I've caught a mean cold.

That's a quick and self-indulgent summary. It's fun being negative sometimes.

3. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

i put my plate down on the tray but the tray slipped, and one slice of toast rolled a good 4m across the room on it's edge, teetered there for a moment then fell peanut butter side down on the carpet.

at least it rolled across the suede sofa without leaving a trace.

4. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Hot toddy sort you right out :thumb:

Nothing ruining my life just a bit fed up of going out my way for others and getting **** all in return.

5. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

That sounds familiar. :sigh:

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I've been gone for a few days. ******** courses starting up and i've been Ill again. Not great luck.

That's not the worst thing. The other day I got a call from one of my friends. Another one of my childhood friends; one of the only people I could count on to be a real friend, has died having a heart attack. They don't know what has happened to make it happen as he was in peak physical health. He ran everyday, ate (relatively) healthily and although he had an occasional drink of alcohol; never drank to get drunk or drank to excess. My friend that called me said it happened while they were just hanging out, doing very little except from playing some video games and playing guitar and singing etc. It's a very sad time for everyone involved with him, as he was a true gentleman, a real friend and just a real laugh.

7. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

I had to Google that - it looks pretty good though.

That's really rough mate, I'm sorry to hear it.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The whole interior needs valeted. At some point in the next week or so I will ignore all phone calls and emails to make time for that before it goes to the body shop.

I do look forward to the drive home, and do exactly the same things as you do Dave, music, relaxation and decision making included, but I'm leaving work to go to more work and if I'm running late like I was yesterday, it's stressful to see a line of buses in front of you on the avenue! It's a 45 minute drive for me from school to home at that time of the day if that doesn't happen, yesterday it took me over an hour. It wasn't life or death though, I got to where I was going and got finished work by 11 :)

9. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

If you are going to publish a .pdf version of a document that runs into hundreds of pages, and has a Contents page with page numbers, for ****'s sake make sure the page numbers on the pages actually tally up with the .pdf page numbering. OK, you ****ing cretins!?!?!

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Ah, but when you convert it to a PDF, it just counts the pages, often when publishing a paper, the title page does not have a page number and the numbering will begin at the TOC. A monumental pain in the ass, agreed, but a required evil from some publishers.

11. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

Received a hefty PDF form to fill in today... Only it hadn't been formatted as such. I spent the best part of my morning doing a rather large organizations IT work.... Finished their form for them and proceeded to fill it in and have it back to them by lunch...

For all my hard work i received this gem:

"our IT department are somewhat concerned that you edited a protected document"

It was barely a document and certainly not protected... I replied with

"I'm afraid your IT department have some quality control issues, I edited the form so it was actually usable for its intended function, in future if you require such forms to be electronically signed please make sure a) it is actually a properly formatted form you send and b) that your IT department uses spell check to correct the 46 spelling mistakes I found."

I got this back:

" You didn't capitalize our company name..."

Assholes!

12. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

While I do not accept that as an excuse, I am prepared to tolerate a document that is one page out of sync for that very reason, but when it's 11 pages...:dremel:

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Published 3 times and having done a literature review for 4 years and hundreds of papers examined and scoured over, I can completely understand your anger at them :)

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

my F***ing oversensitive smoke alarms

every time you cook ANYTHING in the kitchen off it goes..
    so we close the door to the kitchen now, unfortunately you only need to walk in / out of the kitchen ( to the dining room ) and off it goes, and they are both linked so when one gets set off, as does the other one directly outside my bedroom ) im at the point of smashing them off the ceiling with a hammer. it has a heat sensor as well, so you cant stand under it with ANYTHING warm for more than a few moments before it gets set off ( warm laptops, cups of tea, dinner etc )
    starting to think its more trouble than its worth >_<

15. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Not felt particularly well for over a year now, Unmotivated and tired alot of the time even though I'm sleeping loads dunno what's up with me.

16. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Sleeping loads might make it, whatever it is, worse. Are you exercising?

17. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

South Staffs Water.

Phoned about a leak on the supply pipe several months ago, been leaking ever since.

Phoned today to ask about an update. To summarize it; noone has responded to the letters allowing access so they can't do anything about it. So they're just going to leave it. Not to worry, i've had it surveyed privately and it's not on my property.

Best news i get tonight, if there is a problem with the supply pipe, the pipe is connected to 4 houses and all 4 houses are responsible for the cost of it's repair. Wouldn't be so bad, but i have a leaflet in-front of me that states i am responsible only for the pipework on my property.

Ha ha ha ha! Priceless. Not

18. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

£420 to fix a valvetronic fault on my Z4 today....

19. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Try get to the gym 3 times a week work permitting, might try sleeping less n see what happens.

20. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Just got out of the hospital a few hours ago. I've got burns in my lungs from aspirating acid, burned vocal chords from hours of vomiting, and I'm now wheelchair bound. I suffered an interaction of tramadol and mirtazepine (the tramadol/ssri interaction issue) as well as the fact that tramadol multiplied my depression issues many times over. I overdosed on tramadol and hydroxyzine during a psychotic episode caused by the interaction, and didn't tell anyone about it. They found it when I went into convulsions and vomiting blood an hour or so later. I had to have potassium and phosphate supplements to re-regulate my heart and kidneys, though I did lose 20 pounds of water weight and can wear my wedding band again. But I have severe (and incredibly painful) nerve damage in both my legs-the right far, far worse than the left, and I now drag it if I try to walk. Trying to walk also includes a walker. Mostly, it's the chair. We're trying to get a chair and a ramp, being as the rest of the house is actually accessible. But my charity care doesn't pay for durable medical equipment and I'm not really in any shape to build a ramp any more.

We continue to pray-I'm not picky, so long as my legs fit on the leg rests without hurting me too badly I don't care where it came from, if it rolls without listing one way or the other. Sure, I'd love a chair built like a sports chair, but at this point I just want one that works. That's down the line. Many friends are looking for what help they can find, and I have offers from people to build a ramp if someone picks up materials, which someone just might do here. Then all I need is a proper chair (the hand-me-down has no leg rests at all) and I'll be ready to work on gaining my independence back while in the chair. I can take showers and go potty just fine, the nerve damage starts in my thighs but my legs are shot. Almost certainly permanently. Feels like someone is taking my feet and winding them up like a rubber-band airplane. While they're on fire, of course.

I did, however, get called the strongest Marfan's patient they had ever seen, mentally and physically. That was nice.