1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Rendering Machine

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joco2_uk, 29 Oct 2013.

1. Thermolance

Thermolance What's a Dremel?

And I would say also maybe look at the AMD Firepro w8000, a little more expensive than the K4000 but is competition the the k5000

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

3. rollo

rollo Modder

If you want a pre build you would be mad to go elsewhere but dell in truth you can get the exact same pc for the exact same cash. with basically a better warranty to boot if you pay aprox £100 more for it.

depends what this is for, If he makes a living off his pc and its vital to him pay for a warranty that guarentees the uptime of the pc. Dells pro support is one of the best in the business for this you can also get a 4hr version of it when they fix it straight away or replace.

4. joco2_uk

joco2_uk What's a Dremel?

Good point Rollo - I will pass that idea on.

5. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

No no no, the W8000 competes with the K5000 only on the price battle field. It's twice the price of the W7000, but as close to NO advantage in most situations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only some very specific situation, like very complexe models in 3DS or SNX, show a benefits from the expensive W8000. Here a great article, that I love to share, confronting Quadro and Firepro : http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/nvidia-quadro-amd-frirepro.html

6. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Many thanks,

We (at the business) were looking into getting a quadro for rendering of our promotional videos, this is going to be very helpful in getting a cost comparison.

7. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

You're very welcomed. Here another interesting link I have in store (read Chrome favorites :D)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-workstation-graphics-card,3493.html

It compares the last 2 generations of quadros (fermi and kepler based) and firepros (VLIW4 and Graphic Core Next), as well as geforces and radeon (see list of tested cards below). Good to have an understanding of consumer and professionnal card performance toward CAD / computing.

[​IMG]