1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ship stats updated!

My Avenger has dropped 10000kg in weight, and now has a variant with only a single seat and more upgrade slots! Hell yes!

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Interesting, I'll have a look later.

My Saitek Combat Pro flight pedals have arrived, some between those and the Warthog HOTAS I think I'm set for alpha!

EDIT: Wonder which version those of us with Avenger pledges will be getting? I'd be a bit annoyed if it was the Trainer variant to be honest, as it looks a bit undergunned! I liked the concept of it as a two-seat fully equipped fighter, but not with all the kit removed.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2013
  3. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Should be hitting the $26 million mark in the next few hours... only 35k off

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

The level of disappointment when this game releases is going to be colossal. Even a great game is not worth the three figure sums most of you seem to have paid.

5. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Thats relative. Spent many hundreds on MMO'S over the years, easily over any investment in this.

Yet here we get to influence development and play a genre that doesnt exist currently

We will know in advance the game we are getting in the most part having alpha and beta access.

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

What are you guys planning to use for steering when Alpha is released?
    Just mouse+keyb. or maybe other controllers?
    I'm thinking of X52, but may hold on with purchase - hopefully some company will produce Star Citizen themed controller next year...

7. Parge

I think the only thing that's going to be colossal is how silly this comment makes you look. I agree that some peoples level of investment is pretty high, but its their money, and they've spent it to make a game in an underserved genre even better, so you shouldn't begrudge them it.

I think I'm going to go with an Xbox controller dude. Thats what I use for BF3 and its pretty good. I will definitely be getting a proper joystick for the final release, but there's been rumblings of an official RSI joystick being developed in partnership with a hardware company, so I don't want to drop £100+ on an X52 etc.

EDIT: $26m!!!!! Hooray!

In game shots of the Idris interior.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$28m stretch goal....

New Starter Ship – The team at Consolidated Outland has decided to take Roberts Space Industries head on in 2944 by premiering the Mustang personal spacecraft. We will use these additional resources to create another ship company and starter ship for Star Citizen. The new ship will be offered for sale alongside the Aurora, so players have a choice between two options to begin the game!

Last edited: 3 Nov 2013
  8. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro flight pedals + keyboard/mouse.

I'm not sure a company will bother releasing controllers - the flight sim market is pretty niche to begin with!

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've got a flight-stick, KB and mouse or and 360 pad; I'll just see what feels the best.

10. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

Really fighting the temptation to dump a huge amount of cash on upgrading my pledge to a number of new ships. Really want a Constellation or an Avenger for staters.... but I need money to eat as well :(

P.S: I currently have the Digital scout LTI package

11. Parge

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Think I'd rather have the APEX Turbulence tbh, assuming the game runs fine on nvidia cards, as I can imagine it'd be rather pretty if used well. I'm interested to see what difference Trueaudio makes too.

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

It's CryEngine, so base your assumptions off that. Thing is, to use Mantle, CIG need to implement it, but more importantly, so do Crytek at an engine level.

14. Parge

Which is definitely happening given they've announced it.. Looks like AMD are expanding the number of devs supporting it as Eidos Montreal (Thief) and Oxide games are now onboard as well as CIG.

15. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Word on the street is all ships bar the Idris-M and Scythe will be on sale again by the 26th.
    Prep your wallets...
    (My mate is on a waiting list for something and they've dumped it apparently as everything will go back up).

I very much hope that the Mustang looks awesome. Gonna grab an Aurora for the upgrade path, just in case....

16. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

As far as I know only the Vanduul Scythe and Idris Corvette have a waiting list, and even then pretty much no one has recycled their package in the past 2-3 months.

I remember reading a post (most likely on the Reddit Star Citizen page) that the chances of you getting one are slim/fudge all. They did reveal that apart from the Banu trader stretch goal, they are also looking to do a Xian ship.

Found the page:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/1puz42/vanduul_scythe_waitlist_is_closed/

17. rollo

rollo Modder

Depends on the version Star citizen is using of Cryengine. There next gen engine will support Mantle. Wonder how difficult that is to implement and if we will see another delay to a game we all want to play.

18. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

What's the latest on the dogfighting module, is it still on for December? Can't see it myself though.

19. Parge

4th generation (the latest), and no reason it will cause a delay, it can even be patched in after a games release, like Battlefield 4.

20. Parge

Still on for December yes.