1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete F4DE by C4B12 | 14-05-16 (completed)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by C4B12, 12 Jul 2013.

1. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Hello!

It is time for another little update. I have been working on the loop a little bit, right now Im just waiting for the last three fittings then its time to fill it up!

I also finished the shroud/psu cover. Got some time today to work on the window too, just need to file and sand the edges.

Installed two fillports to the shroud and painted it black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how the full shroud looks like, I like it!

[​IMG]

This is how Im going to run the loop. Only thing left is from the CPU to the RES and down to the rad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also started working on a window, this is the layout Im going for. Just need to trim the edges a little bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think?

The only things left to do is to fix the paintjob, finish the loop and fix those edges for the window. Almost done with this project, feels great!

With kind regards
    Johan Nyman
    Minimalistic PC's

Last edited: 3 Apr 2014
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

lookin really good :thumb:

3. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Nice work. I like how you were able to fit all those parts in such a tight space. And that GPU cable mod is A+++ for sure.

4. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

Looks great! Really like the soldering job on the GPU :)

5. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Thanks! :)

Thank you! Its been a fun trip. :)

Thank you Alexander! :)

La carotte d l'o likes this.
  6. La carotte d l'o

La carotte d l'o What's a Dremel?

+1

Thats a very good idea!

If you dont mind i will copy it. (.. if it bothers you, i will copy it anyway. I just owe you an apology..) :D

7. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Do it do it do it! :D

8. Edw4rd

Edw4rd What's a Dremel?

Realy neat build.

Does anyone know if you can squeeze a mATX board in that case? What modding would need to be done?

Greetings,

9. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Such a tidy little build, kudos to you sir!

10. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

I actually have a friends who is working on that. It should not be to hard, some puzzling but far from impossible. :)

Thank you Phame! :)

11. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Its been too long since I updated, so here it is.

I have finished the loop, shroud and installed OS and so on. The last two things left to do is to fix some scratches and install some lights.

I dont want to use a u-channel around the window edges and I dont really know if I want to have it like now either, maybe a frame in the same finish as the radiator grill?

However, here are some pictures on how the case looks like 95% finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will probably get the lights next week so I will install that as fast as possible and then start working on the final pictures.

MSI provided me with the motherboard for this mod, a MSI Z77IA-S01 and I got some sweet news regarding to this. Dreamhack Winter is now in the end of november and they have a pretty nice Expo there with a lot of big companies. I got the privilege to show this casemod at MSI's booth there. Its going to be awesome, I hope I meet some of you there.

I hope that next update includes the final pictures! This is my first "official" casemod and Im really satisfied with it, I learned a lot. I still prefer scratchbuilds though. :rock:

Ill be back!

With kind regards
    Johan Nyman
    Minimalistic PC's

12. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Hello!

I want to start by announcing another sponsor. Icemodz.com sponsored me with a white led-stripe to use to spread some light inside the case.

Thank you Mundi!

[​IMG]

Nice sleeving on the cable too.

[​IMG]

Combined it with the pump cable.

[​IMG]

So I installed this leds today, would you like to see some final pictures? I HOPE SO. I feel like Im 98% finished, so here they are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dont have any photoskills at all, so maybe you could give me some tips about that? Cause I would like to learn so I could take some better final photos. Advice?

Other than that? What do you think about this mod?

Im pretty satisfied with it, my first official casemod, I learned a lot and thats what I love the most. :)

With kind regards
    Johan Nyman
    Minimalistic PC's

13. leonetu

leonetu What's a Dremel?

Hi Johan. I'm looking forward to building my first, too.

As for the photos, I'm no pro, but pictures usually work better when you have multiple light sources to eliminate or control shadows and dark spots. The night shot could also use a little bit of back lighting. Perhaps experiment with some lamps diffused with something large, like a white shirt, or reflected off a large white board, all to spread light and soften the shadows? Easier would be to shoot photos outside, early morning or late afternoon when the sun is low. HTH.

14. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

I really like how simple and clean it is. Nice build.

15. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

I just cant afford to buy anything right now, going to talk to some friends who maybe could help me with the photos. Taking photos outside is to cold right now, winter here in northern Sweden. But thanks for the tips. :)

Thank you! My idea was to make a clean and simple mod, stealthy looking. So I used a lot of black. :)

16. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Well as of right now, I say this mod is finished. It has been a lot of fun to make a real casemod, I have of course built PC's in cases before, but not modded them that much, mostly been making scratchbuilds. But I learned a lot and I think there will be more casemods from me in the future.

I was not really satisfied with my pictures so I took some more this morning from different sides and angles. Im going to talk to some friends who maybe could work on the pictures in Photoshop to make them better.

I also want to say a big thanks to all my sponsors who helped me with all this. Wouldnt be possible without them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also want to say thanks to everyone here for all the comments and help!

With kind regards
    Johan Nyman
    Minimalistic PC's

17. Asouter

Asouter --------

Fippin Eck I missed this completely, Cracking build man...I love the cable management around the back of the case. Not many bother and hide it.

Brilliant job

18. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Thank you Asouter! Well I love to get all the small details correct. Im satisfied with the cablemanagment, however a heatshrink went off on the front-audio cable and shows a lot of small red cables that I need to fix. :)

19. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

Looking great, love it.

Imagine a edge on the window looking like the front fan grill? Would be such a nice thing!
    Consider it? ;)

20. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Thank you Nikola! Im looking forward to see your Prodigy in action.

I thought about it a lot, working on it! :)