1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Ah, well I only really play with one or two players max. Btw I'd like to see you pull a win out of an outcap, with a 64 man server, with your decent friends ^^

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

I still haven't managed to actually play this game because it constantly crashes for me. Ah well... will wait until they patch it a few more times.

How is everyone finding BF4 otherwise? I've been out of the loop for a while (been playing a lot of CS:GO when I've had time).

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Some people wont agree but AA is OP. Zavod is too small for it and it can lock air targeta from quite far away. It is also beast against infantry. Fun when you are doing it bad when it is against you.

Crashes every day, Head shot bug causing instant death with weapons that should not do it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Well, a few of the people I play with who are esl fans are not happy in the least with the hit reg. Then of course there's this problem;

The vehicles mechanics are different in how you get disabled etc.

I won't go into to much detail as it's all been said. I think to sum it up, a few people I've spoken to kinda feel that the only reason they are playing bf4 is because they were tired of the maps in bf3 and wanted something new. Other than that, the hit reg was better in bf3, in bf4 the fact that you get a disable on a heli now if you hit it with a tank shell sucks (although to be fair, the heli's become more or less uncontrollable once you hit them, as long as they are close-ish to the ground). The non infinite ammo for vehicles is a pain for some people (it's stupid for the heli's since they are easily taken down now). The fact that nearly all the rpg's are wire guided now is a joke (thje mbt law, is one that you just have to glance at your target and it does a top down attack, and can't be avoided with smoke. With premium you get gold battlepacks which have weapon attachments, soldier portraits (like what they did with aftermath), clip art to customise your battlefield emblem and camo's with names like flat naval, which is a fancy word for dark blue. etc. Either way, same thing applies as last time, don't buy premium for the unlocks/addons. Buy it for the early access and the dlc's.

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

The crashes for this game aren't even funny. Literally hard lockups resulting in the need to hit the reset switch EVERY damn session longer than about 30 minutes.
    I seem to have coincided it however with the install of the most current Nvidia drivers.

Additionally the frame drop/stutter is horrific. It's making me feel motion sick.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to solve the stutter (tried the installing direct X method, no joy) please let me know.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I just upgraded cpu+board to run this game better (and because i was bored, believe it or not). I have yet to try the new rig but my old one (in sig) crashed just as much in bf4 as it did in bf3

7. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I'm having less issues recently with crashes, a couple when the server crashed but certainly no hard pc lockups (ever).

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Not had a hard pc lock up but would not say its impossible or will not happen

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

If I avoid Dawnbreaker and Siege of Shanghai, I generally do not crash. If I'm on either of those two maps, the only way it could be more crashtastic is if I were piloting a heli, that crashed into the skyscraper causing it to collapse.

10. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Not really suffered many crashes since day 1. Its been reasonably solid for me. Just the occasional sound bug that has been annoying.

Must admit I have stopped playing since I found payday 2, but il be back ;)

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I am a little confused with my loadout for support class, i am running the perimeter defense upgrade, i thought this allowed you to have 3 claymores to lay at a single time ( i want a service star before i get the gaymore shout lol )

Now i can only place 1 claymore, then if i try to place another the first one vanishes! (even when i am next to my ammo crate )

Have i got the wrong end of the stick here with this upgrade, have i done something wrong

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Did you get Level 3 on Perimeter Defence? Secondly, it does say inventory, so it may just mean you can hold 3 not place 3.

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Never checked that, might be the problem, will let you know

Thanks

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Can get annoying but I think it's a perfectly legit way of defending a target. Down to the attacker to check the place and clear with a grenade or something before going in. Also, the new ones have big ass cable which stick out everywhere.

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Anyone getting the bug on Single Player that stops you getting past the dam on Tashgar? Every single time it crashes.

Loving Multi though, it's more life BF2 than 3, especially Floodzone.

16. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I managed the Medal for claymore on BF3, mainly played on Metro but never used it since

I dont understand anyone that shouts out "M416 NOOB" "USAS NOOB" "GAYMORE NOOB" etc etc. The way i see it is i paid for the game and will play it the way i want, if you walk into my weapon then that is "your noob fault"

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

A million times this. All the way back to the 'AWP Noob!' days of CSS. Screw everyone who ever said that to me. It takes ridiculous reflexes and accuracy to flickshot someone like I used to with that weapon. The same goes for most of the weapons in BF. Each takes a certain amount of skill to use and a person can become extremely efficient at using them. I, for example, sniped the same pilot out of his chopper twice on Caspian yesterday, with a JNG-90 :)

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

So, im Rank 40, unlock pretty much everything i want... board of the game already...

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Most, with the exception being all the wire guided rpg's :rolleyes: I hope they increase the reload time a smidge on those things. In bf3, the javalin took as much time to reload as it did for smoke to reload. Now the IR smoke takes 15 seconds to reload, the wire guided rpg's and javalin, not so much.

@ otis, playing alone or with friends? You tried the other game modes? I had a round of obliteration the other day, was pretty much the only game mode where you actually see the team working together in battlefield. I remember in the beta you would need repairs and an engineer would see this and rush to repair. Think I've seen that again maybe a few times in countless hours of gameplay since release.

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

With the ZiiP lot...
    obliteration is my fave but no one else who i play with like it, they just play conquest over and over again. So i have to go solo for other modes.