1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Passive 3D Eyefinity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluc, 8 Nov 2013.

1. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Hey all wondering if anyone here has a 3 monitor AMD stereo 3d eyefinty setup. If so what hardware is needed to get it working, will it work over hdmi or does it have to be over hdmi. I know of the the bandwidth limitations of 120hz 3d but have been struggling to find info on passive setups. Cheers and thanks in advance.:confused:

2. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Posted same question all over the internet nobody responded. Oh well guess nvidia it is then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

3. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Sorry mate I must have missed this.

I ran 3D on AMD using an LG passive screen. It was bloody awful, due to the software you need to use (Tridef). It did run a few games but FPS were terrible and ghosting was equally atrocious. I wouldn't dare run it on Eyefinity.

AMD have now dropped Tridef as their 'official' 3D solution (and have given up on 3D completely).

If you want 3D you really ought to be using Nvidia. Thing is you will need to use an EDID override for passive as Nvidia only ever supported two monitors officially (a Zalman and a Acer). All you need to do is force on the EDID driver that convinces the Nvidia control panel that you're on the correct screen and it will kick into life. I really miss my 24" LG I absolutely loved 3D. I just got a new posh active TV set though so once I can afford the $40 Nvidia want to activate a TV in 3D (the *******s) I will be playing again.

Left 4 Dead 2 is just incredible in 3D.

4. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Yea I have the 24inch passive 3d lg monitor and My main screen is a 42 inch passive 3d lg tv. I am happy enough with the 3d experience with my current screen and tridef but I was going to get three of the 27 inch ips 3d screens and run them in eyefinity stereo 3d mode. But after major frustration at lack of info(this includes the official amd forum):wallbash: changed my mind and am now going to get Three VG278H monitors and a gtx 780ti(perhaps a second for sli depending on performance). Thanks for the reply anyway cheers.

5. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Stick with Nvidia and you'll be really happy. They've wasted a fair chunk of change on 3D and it shows.

6. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

OK will do

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4