1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Computer Planet Nvidia Battlebox Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 2 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

awsome system but at to a certain point I don´t understand why you would use a custom WC loop for a cpu only setup. A AIO WC system would provide sufficient cooling, and would probably cut the costs of the system a bit.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

That is true - I think the aim of the system was to add a degree of eye-candy, which is why it costs more than your average high-end PC. You can of course opt for an all-in-one liquid cooler in their configurator if you're not fussed about the green coolant ;)

4. rollo

rollo Modder

not so sure those minimums would exite me to pay £3k just about.

2 780 tis would of been a better option for the gpus.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Seen one of them in the flesh and they're very good looking machines that's for sure.

6. AndyMc@CP

AndyMc@CP What's a Dremel?

Hi all - many thanks for the valid comments so far.

Just a few points to answer some of your comments/ questions:

- 780 vs 780 Ti: At the time of building the review machine, 780Ti were in tight supply so we had to use 780 to meet the review deadline. However ALL our systems are from our configurator and are fully customisable from the case up. (The BattleBox spec covers 780, 780Ti and Titan SLi)

- Water cooling the graphics cards: We elected not to water cool the graphics cards purely to keep the eye candy of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX theme going (Particularly with the new lighting toys in the latest GeForce Experience) ALL FULL watercooling options are available from our configurator or you can discuss with us before purchase.

- Custom water vs closed loop: As mentioned by Combatus, a closed loop simply didn't give us the visuals we wanted as well as the customisation options of upgrades to full water. Essentially a closed loop would simply not have done a case like this justice. When NVIDIA launched the BattleBox spec and opened it up to selected system builders, many simply submitted their existing, high end 7 series SLi rigs that met the spec........we wanted to be different! :)

- Most importantly: Our whole site is one big configurator - we offer more customisation than any other system builder in the UK...The BattleBox you see here is just one example of what you can spec/ order - the choice really is all yours! (after all, what's the point in a custom PC if its the same as everybody elses!) :)

Many thanks guys - always appreciative of your feedback.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Dec 2013
  7. ObsCure

ObsCure What's a Dremel?

For some reason Battle Toads come to mind.. idk why :D

8. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

I do like the high end system reviews and this one is no different. Awesome spec, style and performance. Well Done!

9. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I've looked at the images several times over the day and the thing that sticks out the most in that system are the two crossed over water cooling tubes. That is annoying the hell out of me.

10. Gambler FEX online

Gambler FEX online What's a Dremel?

11. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

"In Cinebench, the only CPUs to out-strip the Battlebox were the super-expensive LGA2011 models - the Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition and Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition. "

Is it just me, or did you just repeat yourself?

Otherwise, impressive box ... out of my price range, of course, but impressive.

Tags: Add Tags