1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free ringtones?

Discussion in 'General' started by bHawk, 18 Jun 2003.

1. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

Anyone know from where i can send ringtones to my nokia 3360? There has to be a place somewhere, i know cause i found one a long time ago that had tons of ringtones for free, u just typed in ur number it was sent. But doing a search on google now comes up with nothing but spam/scam sites. Itd be even cooler if there was a way i could make ringtones and send them. I just want to get a ring tone of Butterfly from the DDR games.

2. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

what kind of file are they? Midi, Wave......??

3. kiwi-x

kiwi-x What's a Dremel?

the monophonics ring tones for nokia handset are a proprietary format.. get a ringtone encoder from just about anywhere and the get the PcSuite software from nokia.com... send them to your phone via IR

this should be the easiest way to go

4. kiwi-x

kiwi-x What's a Dremel?

here's a link to get PC Suite for the 3360, direct form nokia

linkie

5. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

Any options for 5165 w/o IR? :sigh:

6. kiwi-x

kiwi-x What's a Dremel?

if IR is not an option, you need to go either with an SMS option, or with a data cable

.. .. the 5165 more so, than not, doesn't usually have free ring tone spots... are any of the ring tones in your phone labeled as ' personal ' or ' custom ' ?

-- in reguards to the SMS option, i'm currently researching on how to build my own SMS gateway (not to be completed soon though)

ps.. i'm probably good person for the questions as i work for AT&T wireless (US) and are a system developer for nokia and sony ericsson

7. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens